Arkansas CCW

Guest Smitty

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I have some clarification questions for you guys and gals. I usually go to Arkansas to visit family for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year, but this time I can actually carry my Makarov with me. :) I looked up their laws on http://www.handgunlaw.us and I read all of the laws. This one particular is kind of confusing. It deals with the carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol of course. Here it is: "Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in § 3-9-402, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises; (13) Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in § 3-94-02,

in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises;".

§ 3-9-402:

(8) "Restaurant" means: any public or private place, without sleeping accommodations and that

place:

(A) Is kept, used, maintained, advertised, and held out to the public or to a private or restricted

membership as a place whose primary function and purpose is to take orders for and to serve food and

food items;

(:P Actually serves full and complete meals prepared in a fully equipped and sanitary kitchen and

prepared from uncooked foods for service to and for consumption by its guests or members on the

premises;

© Has a seating capacity of at least fifty (50) people;

(D) Has employed a sufficient number and kind of employees to prepare, cook, and serve suitable

foods to its guests or members;

(E) On Sundays, serves alcoholic beverages on premises

only, in conjunction with meals;

(F) Serves food on all days of operations;

(G) Maintains separate sales figures for alcoholic beverages; and

(H) Has gross sales of sixty percent (60%) or more from the sale of food, food items, and nonalcoholic

beverages, or, in the case of excursion boats, has gross sales of sixty percent (60%) of their gross

income from boat rental fees and sales of food and nonalcoholic beverages."

Am I supposed to take this as only restaurants that serve alcohol on Sundays and/or make 60% of their gross income from other stuff besides alcohol? Also how am I supposed to know which restaurants are this "type" of restaurant in the first place? I just want some wisdom and clarification on this. I don't want to get into trouble out of state. :lol: I would appreciate any opinions/replies. Thank you.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It means you can't carry where they serve alcohol EXCEPT in restaurants. You can't carry in a bar or other places that serve alcohol, but you can in restaurants.

The requirements for a restaurant in (A)-(H) are so some bar owner can't get a hot plate and a microwave and call it a restaurant by serving burgers and nachos.

I carry in AR on a semi-regular basis and have never had any problems.

Razorback is from AR and hopefully will chime in with more info soon.