International Shipping Input

• Moderators

So, I sold a camera lens via Ebay. Someone from Cambodia messaged me and asked if they won, would I ship it to them. I told them I would.

They won.

So I shipped it to them. I have shipped probably 10 different items overseas in the last 5 years.It has worked perfectly each time. However, this one looks a bit odd via tracking:

piBn6He.jpg

The guy messaged me today mentioning that he thought it was supposed to be 12 day shipping. I've gotta say, he is on top of things more than the USPS.

I'm afraid I'm going to see a note in my mailbox today telling me I have a package to pickup. For anyone familiar, does this look like the status updates of what will soon be a package "returned to sender"?

I'm afriad that the issue is that I used Ebay's custom's form. I usually fill out the papers by hand and then pay at the local post office for international shipments. When you right on that paper it makes copies.

With Ebay's form it only printed out one, I had to print it multiple times to get the multiple sheets. I spoke with the local USPS and they said it should be fine. I also made sure the weight was correct (actually overpaid by probably 1/4 pound.

If it comes back and the reason is not something in my error, think I'll have any luck talking to the local Postmaster?

• Like 2
If you're a familiar face you might have good luck.

as bad as I hate to say it until I got one that WANTED to help me postal workers at our local office were like dmv workers. Now they can call me by first name as soon as I walk in. Hmmph, and it only took 10 years , lol.

And judging the tracking information you provided you should have a pkg soon...again.
  • Moderators

I would ask to speak to the Post Master and see if he can find out where it is going.  If your lucky it is heading back to you.

If I'm lucky it is heading back to me? I thought it would be heading to Cambodia if I was lucky!

• Moderators

I spoke with USPS during lunch. From what they could (limitedly) tell, it is still on its way to the destination. It seems the "zip code" in Cambodia for the destination may have been shown as a New York destination, not to mention that "CA" for Cambodia could be "California".

It seems a whole lot of a mess and I just want it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

With the exception of military post offices, I wouldn't even think to ship USPS for overseas needs.  I know that UPS, FedEx, and DHL are a lot pricier, but they're also much more organized and efficient.  This goes double for when you have something that might be caught up with import/export laws.

• Like 2
In my experience the USPS in its entirety is one large order of fail. Instead of forwarding things across town to my new address, I've had them completely send things back to the city of origin before sending it to my new address. I can't stand to work with them Edited by KKing
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

What was the final outcome?

Hahahahha.

No really.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Hahahahha.

Buyer got his money and I never saw the lens again. I'm assuming that it was either delivered or lost or stolen by customs somewhere. Long gone, all dealt with, I chalked it up to a reasonable loss of doing business (especially overseas). Only problem I have ever had on Ebay.