Soldier from Nepal = badass.

Sam1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393355/Hero-Gurkha-handed-bravery-medal-Queen-said-I-thought-I-going-die--I-tried-kill-I-could.html#ixzz3Vq3zGuk8

Anyone who has this in their combat history deserves an extra decoration on whatever award they are receiving:

At one point, after exhausting all his ammunition, he had to use the tripod of his machine gun to beat away a militant who was climbing the walls of the compound.

• Like 4

The Gurkhas are some tough dudes. Lot's of incredible stories about them from the WWII era particularly. Among other things living in the high altitude and training vigorously there gives them what seems like super human strength and endurance. There was a ruckus awhile back where some WWII veterans where being denied some benefits in the UK, I hope they got it squared away for those guys. Plenty of dead nazis on their credentials.

Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 1

I remember reading this years ago.

I think my favorite part was "The only weapon he did not use was the traditional Kukri knife carried by Gurkhas because he did not have his with him at the time".

I believe I read a slightly different story, it said he had forgot his Kukri at his bunk.  But other then that he had killed Taliban with every weapon available to him.  Guess they were lucky he didn't have his Kukri.

Edited by vontar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.