Upgrading sights on a FEG PJK-9HP Hi Power

EssOne

A couple of years back I bought a new-in-box FEG PJK-9HP that was still in the factory wrapping. Since then it has proven to be a really fine shooter and a super good-looking, tight gun. It's so nice I have removed the mag dissconnector, changed out the original safety for an ambi one, and I am in the process of getting custom grips for it. One thing I would really like to do now is get rid of the itty bitty "hump and bump" sights on it. Thus begins my problem.

I've talked to Novak and I can send them the slide alone, and they will mill dovetail slots and replace both front and rear sights with a fixed, three dot sight system for a total investment of $215.00, including shipping both ways. But, without having the whole gun they can't guarantee zero, and sending the whole gun runs the cost out the overheads so I can't even consider it.

Does anyone have any ideas of a better way to go when it comes to upgrading the sights on this gun? Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Smith. I'm being told by several Novak's customers that they are now able to do the job without disturbing the finish. I'll post again when I get it back and we'll see if it's true or not.

Depends on the finish on the pistol. It will be in the raw on each side of the cut. So cold blue or touch up will be needed. Also the firing pin stop will need to be a flat top or ground flat on top to allow it to not to have the slide drag due to the cut for the rear sight. It cuts deep into the rear of the slide. Just look at pictures and you will see. The FPS for the high power is a PIA to get back in and they break easily. Make sure you gunsmith knows to shave the top. Edited by R1100R
  • Like 1

Here's the gun at present.
PICT0585_zpsfpufyv2d.jpg

PICT0590-2_zpsupenpkdk.jpg

So far all I've done is install the left side of the BHP ambi safety, but I've ordered the right side lever and pin, as well as a pair of checkered Hogue grips. Then comes the trip to Novak as soon as I can shoot a good group with the gun. it has an excellent trigger, so that'll be about it for this upgrade. More photos when I get it back from Novak's.