I'm just gonna put this right here... dang, I'm hungry!!!

• Admin Team

Is that all they do is fried chicken?

If you're going to Prince's, that's it.

Fried chicken, white bread and a few sides - their coleslaw is pretty good and mitigates some of the heat.  I don't know that I've ever eaten their beans.

It's cash only.  Drinks are generally via a coke machine by the register.

• Admin Team

Is that all they do is fried chicken?

And, I'll extend my offer as above.  Any time you want to go eat some hot chicken, let me know.  DLM and I love to go eat some Prince's.  I know your work schedule may make getting away at lunchtime an issue, but let me know and we'll go.

I have to tell a Prince's story. Back in the late 80's, I was working at the Nashville Palace. One of the guys there asked if I could pick him up some extra hot on the way in. So, I stopped and ordered it.

The old black man cooking just started at me for a minute. Then he said (and you have to try to read this in black-speak), "Awright. I fix you de extra hot. But you gonna have to stay here and eat it, 'cause I ain't NEVER seen no honky eat THAT :poop: !"

I laughed so hard...

• Like 2

I have to tell a Prince's story. Back in the late 80's, I was working at the Nashville Palace. One of the guys there asked if I could pick him up some extra hot on the way in. So, I stopped and ordered it.

The old black man cooking just started at me for a minute. Then he said (and you have to try to read this in black-speak), "Awright. I fix you de extra hot. But you gonna have to stay here and eat it, 'cause I ain't NEVER seen no honky eat THAT :poop: !"

I laughed so hard...

Now thats funny right there...................... :rofl: :rofl: :rock:

• Like 1

I laughed so hard...

I laughed out loud sitting at my desk, Awesome.

• Like 1

I like Prince's best of all but I can't always dedicate 2 hours to lunch. I've been there when they decide to open an hour late because they aren't ready. When I can wait it is so worth it...

Big Shakes in Franklin is generally pretty good. they consistently get orders wrong but the food is usually cooked well and tasty. I found Pepperfire and Hattie B's really inconsistent.

Mark

If you're going to Prince's, that's it.

Fried chicken, white bread and a few sides - their coleslaw is pretty good and mitigates some of the heat.  I don't know that I've ever eaten their beans.

It's cash only.  Drinks are generally via a coke machine by the register.

I really like the seasoning they put on their fries.

I think I like hot chicken but my only experience is Popeyes. I like the flavor of their spicey and its a little hot, but not sure if it's in the league of Princes or others.

They aren't even close. Stay away from one of the genuine places if you have a hard time with Popeye's...

Hattie B's is the best hot chicken in town.  We go to the Charlotte Pike place about once every other week for lunch, it seems to be more consistent than the downtown site.

As for the heat scale, I love habanero stuff and their "Hot" is about the highest on the scale that is enjoyable.  Have never had the urge to try the Damn Hot or Shut the Cluck Up levels.

Great place!

One of my customers likes to get lunch from Hattie B's.  We usually get get a mixture from Southern to the Damn Hot.  One piece of the Damn Hot is enough!

Edited by tnhawk

I'll never understand this hot, spicy, make me sweat and cause me pain food trend.  :shake:  :shrug:

Flavor is fine. I like tasty food. But I make it a rule to never eat anything that hurts. 

It's not about pain. It IS about flavor... and it's excellent,