So, what are we gonna do about it?

Guest GUTTERbOY

Guest Astra900

I won't "fight my way in" sorry, but if you'll lay some distracting fire down, I'll pick the bastards off one at a time from about 300-400 yards back, with the engine running.:up: DEAL?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dean_JC78

The primary system is critical. What we need to do is reform that and work as much as we can locally to help nominate true conservatives. We can not afford another Liberal like McCain or Bush.

You guys are nuts. :up:

Are economy is failing. The only way for it to recover is for our manufacturing base to recover. However, we just elected a President that thinks he will be able to rape and pillage American companies to help out those that want to sit at home on the couch and watch Oprah. More companies will be leaving.

And you are worried that the government is going to come after your guns? Give me a break; they are going to have their hands full.

But hey, look at the bright side. We just elected a minority President. After all that is what is most important isn’t it?

Guest Gun Geek
some great suggestions so far... if I may add another:

let's inject some new blood into our culture/sport/passion/belief.

we need to realize that the sheeple have been thoroughly convinced we are gun nuts. we can't even talk about our latest rifle by the office water cooler without getting funny looks. mention AK or AR and they may start the HR paperwork. what we need to do is convince people why the 2nd ammendment is important. we need to remove some of the lies and show them an AK isn't all that scary. we need to show people how fun our sport/passion really is.

+1

I won't "fight my way in" sorry, but if you'll lay some distracting fire down, I'll pick the bastards off one at a time from about 300-400 yards back, with the engine running.:screwy: DEAL?

I know everyone is talking all in play and I am sure all of us would put up a fight of some kind if they were to attempt to take our guns but comments like these really dont help us not look like complete psychos. The eyes are upon us and now more than ever it is important for us to keep the image of professionals that enjoy a hobby rather than a gun wielding sociopaths.

Guest frankcostanza

In my opinion, this is not the end of the world - although Im really bummed about BHO being elected. As many others have already pointed out, we as a nation have survived a lot. As far as the Obama presidency is concerned... its a skidmark on the underwear of Conservative America. We just have to put up with the stink and with much chagrin and embarrassment, wear our poop stained undies until 2012 when we can throw them in the laundry.

Its already been stated by many people, but at this point the best thing we can do to turn this country around, not only to preserve the 2nd Amendment but liberty as a whole, is get involved locally and elect good, upright people with true conservative values and once they are in office, contact them often. I already emailed my state rep and told him not to vote for Naifeh for house speaker, and asked that he make legislation that preserves and strengthens the 2nd Amendment a priority.

Guest Gun Geek
its a skidmark on the underwear of Conservative America. We just have to put up with the stink and with much chagrin and embarrassment, wear our poop stained undies until 2012 when we can throw them in the laundry.

:screwy: ROFLMAO. I sure hope everyone changes their skivvies more often than that. Especially with a big stankin skid mark.

Its already been stated by many people, but at this point the best thing we can do to turn this country around, not only to preserve the 2nd Amendment but liberty as a whole, is get involved locally and elect good, upright people with true conservative values and once they are in office, contact them often. I already emailed my state rep and told him not to vote for Naifeh for house speaker, and asked that he make legislation that preserves and strengthens the 2nd Amendment a priority.

+1000 squared

Everyone's pissed and depressed. Everybody's got some sarcasm for our side as well, it seems. My question is this, what can we do to be proactive about the future of our country? 2012 is only four years away. In 2010 we have some chances to get some better representation for conservative principles in Congress.

Obama has won the campaign. The loss must be accepted by us all. He is soon to be our president. He will also have to hear our views. Each and everyone of us must contact our representatives on the issues that are important to us. Not just once, but every time there is an item being debated. We MUST be more involved. We have to be more involved with local and state government. The POTUS listens to Congress. That is where our voice must be heard.

One thing that I noticed about this election, the democrats were constantly in front of young voters. We have got to take the time and effort to reach young voters. Young voters are on the internet. Young voters are blogging. You can post comments on blogs. As gunowners, a lot of our patriotic voice should be on gun rights. Stories of people defending themselves with firearms should be posted. Gloating about splattering them all over the wall should be avoided. Talk about the right to defend yourself and your family in the face of evil. Defenseless victims should be posted as well, with an anecdote about how the article could be different if the person had been armed.

Speaking of gun rights, I know that Mike.357 started a thread about joining the NRA. Others have started threads with anger towards the NRA. The NRA has the biggest group of lawyers that are able to fight for gun rights. I know many of us are members, is your family? What about distant cousins? Grandparents, co-workers, etc.? I have been talking to my co-workers. All of us are conservatives. Three of us are gunowners. The other three are not. I will be talking to them about joining the NRA. We talk online here everyday. I feel I have come to know people from all over this state. I do not know any of my neighbors but one by name. That has got to change. I will be taking the time to talk to them about their stance on the Bill of Rights, and the danger it is in these next four years. Our voices must be heard. We must make the effort to have our voices heard.

Write letters to the editors at your local newspapers. Write articles and send them as letters directly to local reporters. They, too, might get turned in as "their" work, but still get our views across to readers.

Being bitter will not solve anything. We HAVE to work the system.

Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: "We the people." "We the people" tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us. "We the people" are the driver, the government is the car. And we decide where it should go, and by what route, and how fast. Almost all the world's constitutions are documents in which governments tell the people what their privileges are. Our Constitution is a document in which "We the people" tell the government what it is allowed to do. "We the people" are fee. This belief has been the underlying basis for everything I've tried to do these past eight years.

I've had my share of victories in the Congress, but what few people noticed is that I never won anything you didn't win for me. They never saw my troops, they never saw Reagan's regiments, the American people. You won every battle with every call you made and letter you wrote demanding action. Well, action is still needed. If we're to finish the job, Reagan's regiments will have to become the Bush brigades. Soon he'll be the chief, and he'll need you every bit as much as I did. Finally, there is a great tradition of warnings in presidential farewells, and I've got one that's been on my mind for some time. But oddly enough it starts with one of the things I'm proudest of in the past eight years: the resurgence of national pride that I called the new patriotism. This national feeling is good, but it won't count for much, and it won't last unless it's grounded in thoughtfulness and knowledge.

An informed patriotism is what we want. And are we doing a good enough job teaching our children what America is and what she represents in the long history of the world? Those of us who are over thirty-five or so years of age grew up in a different America. We were taught, very directly, what it means to be an American. And we absorbed, almost in the air, a love of country and an appreciation of its institutions. If you didn't get these things from your family, you got them from the neighborhood, from the father down the street who fought in Korea of the family who lost someone at Anzio. Or you could get a sense of patriotism from school. And if all else failed, you could get a sense of patriotism from the popular culture. The movies celebrated democratic values and implicitly reinforced the idea that America was special. TV was like that, too, through the midsixties.

And let me offer lesson number one about America: All great change in America begins at the dinner table. So, tomorrow night in the kitchen I hope the talking begins. And children, if your parents haven't been teaching you what it means to be an American, let 'em know and nail 'em on it. That would be a very American thing to do.

-excerpts from Ronald Reagan's farewell speech.

http://www.ronaldreagan.com/sp_21.html

All great change in America begins at the dinner table.

What will YOU do for America?