We're F'ed

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

bkelm18

I'm not doubting you but just to satisfy my own curiosity Why can't he if he is the commander and chief. If I am not mistaken (which I often am ) didn't Eisenhower where a uniform. But I understand he was a legit general. Or point me to a good resource.

He could wear a uniform if he were a member of the military. There is no actual law forbidding the president from be an active member in the military. However, simply being the Commander in Chief doesn't make him a member of the military, and United States Code is pretty specific about who can and cannot wear the uniform:

10 USC, Subtitle A, Part II, Chapter 45, Sections 771 and 772.

Section 771 states:

Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may wear -

(1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or

(2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps

Section 772 lists some exceptions:

(a) A member of the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard may wear the uniform prescribed for the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard, as the case may be.

(:screwy: A member of the Naval Militia may wear the uniform prescribed for the Naval Militia.

© A retired officer of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title and wear the uniform of his retired grade.

(d) A person who is discharged honorably or under honorable conditions from the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may wear his uniform while going from the place of discharge to his home, within three months after his discharge.

(e) A person not on active duty who served honorably in time of war in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title, and, when authorized by regulations prescribed by the President, wear the uniform, of the highest grade held by him during that war.

(f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not tend to discredit that armed force.

(g) An officer or resident of a veterans' home administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs may wear such uniform as the Secretary of the military department concerned may prescribe.

(h) While attending a course of military instruction conducted by the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, a civilian may wear the uniform prescribed by that armed force if the wear of such uniform is specifically authorized under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of the military department concerned.

(i) Under such regulations as the Secretary of the Air Force may prescribe, a citizen of a foreign country who graduates from an Air Force school may wear the appropriate aviation badges of the Air Force.

(j) A person in any of the following categories may wear the uniform prescribed for that category:

(1) Members of the Boy Scouts of America.

(2) Members of any other organization designated by the Secretary of a military department

Guest Ghostrider

Ike never wore a uniform after his exit from the Army to the civilian world, I don't think he was even buried in his uniform, but I was small at the time. The only reason we have ever had (and will probably never again have) 5 star general officers is because the brits and french had 5 star guys in WWII, we "created" a 5 star rank just for the uniform parity (bragging rights) during the war. Once all the old 5 stars retired or died, we've never had another.

Guest theolog
But either way the SOB better salute the Marines and his own flag!

According to his speech in Berlin, he is a "global citizen." And his wife was never proud to be an American until her husband did this. So I'm not sure they give a piss about the flag and all it stands for.

Wow, just wow. A few things come to mind

1. We have survived Carter, Clinton among others.

2. Unless you are in a state the has "gun registration" then IF (and that is a big if) they come looking them I'm gonna tell them the truth of the matter, I sold all mine last month to a big black guy, driving a white caddy with 3 gold teeth. he paid me cash and I failed to get his name, sorry I didn't think it was important.

3. Para., I have spent some time stocking up on necessary items, not because of a potiental ban but because I like **** that goes bang.

4. Sure Obama is goning to try ans screw us over, all we can do is keep a eye on bill comming out of either place and get on our congress reps and out sentors rears to express our outrage at the new bills.

5. Honestly, all we have to do is try and hold on to what we have and block anymore crappy laws on the books for 4 years because he will never get reelected once the American people find out he is as full of **** as all the other theives in washington.