I don't fully trust or like my rear magpul BUIS. I've use the matech milspec buis at work extensively and successfully so I bought this from a private seller last night for $10 :received_10203511480015830_zpsdofu6bea.j

Some paint stripper, mineral spirits, wd40 and a small amount of effort netted me this:
20150314_114115_zpskgky0iff.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't like the lack of ability to zero the way I know how to zero( Army trained).

I also think the shape of the outer edge of the peep being not round is affecting my ability to get my familiar sight picture hurting my grouping.

In other words its a familiarity thing. 

I'm also trying to decide if the Magpul front sight is precise or not.

For those that are interested Here is how I did it.

First I gave it a quick clean with mineral spirit and wiped it dry.

Then I soaked it with gel paint stripper from Lowes(The orange citrus-ey stuff) for about 30-45 minutes.

I followed that up by scrubbing it with a brass toothbrush from harbor frieight.

I then dunked it in mineral spirits and wiped it clean.

I took it to the sink and used the brass brush and hot water to rinse any remaining paint, stripper, or mineral spirits away.

Finally after drying it off I soaked it in WD40 by spraying it and leaving it all night.

I wiped it dry this morning and took the picture.

I didn't like the lack of ability to zero the way I know how to zero( Army trained).

I also think the shape of the outer edge of the peep being not round is affecting my ability to get my familiar sight picture hurting my grouping.

In other words its a familiarity thing. 

I'm also trying to decide if the Magpul front sight is precise or not.

Thanks. Just wondered. I don't have your experience, nor a lot of experience in rifle shooting; so I was curious if I was missing something.

I have a question about the ranging numbers on the left. Were they already white, or did you have to restore the white color to them? They look like crap in the first pic, but either cleaned up really nice or you did a top notch job of restoring the white to the numbers.

Many guys used crylon paint to camo their rifles which they needed to clean upon return.  We had a nice weapons parts cleaner that would clean them right up.  I never painted mine, I used spandoflage, a camo non stick tape they use when medics take blood.  On the original sights, the numbers are white paint.  Not sure what kind, but they would not desolve in solvent.