Henry 357 mag lever action rifle, who has one?

jeff43

I have a Uberti 1873 357 mag. rifle, and a Rossi 92 357 mag. rifle. I've been thinking about selling the Rossi and getting a Henry.Anyone here have one in 357? I also have a couple of Henry 22's, they have a very smooth action.Just wondering about the function and accuracy on a 357/38 Henry.

Looks like a nice option. We have two of them 22lr and 22mag lots of fun. Wouldn't mind adding an addition just wish they offered it in the blue with the octagon barrel.

I was looking on Henry's web site today and for 2015 they offer a Big Boy steel , which is all blue.
I think I like those better.

Looks like a nice option. We have two of them 22lr and 22mag lots of fun. Wouldn't mind adding an addition just wish they offered it in the blue with the octagon barrel.

I was looking on Henry's web site today and for 2015 they offer a Big Boy steel , which is all blue.
I think I like those better.

I have the Rossi in 357, and the Henry in 22. The Rossi action functions just fine, but is much clunkier than the Henry action. Keep in mind that I haven't done any of the cowboy tricks to slick the Rossi action, it's pretty much stock-- I understand that an aftermarket spring set is purported to vastly improve the Rossi, but I just haven't gotten around to trying to trick it out. Not a real big fan of the Rossi loading gate design either, but it still shoots well, so overall I can't complain too much based on what I paid for it vs. the cost of the Henry in 357.

Even so, I don't see how it could ever be as good as the Henry action which is super silky. My plan is to ultimately trade up the Rossi for a Henry in 357, but that's down the road a bit.

The 357/38SP lever action carbine platform is such a great all-around concept-- fun to shoot and a good go-to rifle in a SHTF  situation due to the combination of ammo availability, potential stopping power (w/357HP), overall weight, and relative portability of a reasonable amount of ammunition. Much easier than hauling around a shotgun and a bunch of shells, and more effective than a 22 in a crucial defense situation.

Edited by tartanphantom

Yeah, the lever guns are more fun to shoot than a 22.I have a lot of fun loading up a bunch of lead cast 125 or 158 grain 38's and plink away!

I'd always admired the look of lever guns, but never owned one. Then got to shoot one, a Rossi 92, that had been really slicked up for hunting. It was amazing.

Butter smooth lever and pretty light trigger. I just couldn't put it down! I tried to buy it from the owner and he just laughed at me.

Forced me to go and buy my own elsewhere. Edited by hipower
I would probably own several Henry's but I just can't get over loading the magazine tube from the muzzle end, versus a loading gate in the receiver like a Marlin or Winchester.

They are some gorgeous rifles though. Edited by nightrunner
Guest mechanically

I've been thinking about selling the Rossi and getting a Henry.

I've got a Rossi, love it! Wouldn't mind having another if it was a different config than my current carbine. 

Let me know if you decide to get rid of it!

I do not own, but have had to handle two in the past three months. Neither one would feed .38 rounds. The plate that pushes the round up would get hung because the round is too short.

Called the manufacturer to send them back to get them right. The person on the phone told me I needed to get .38 ammo that was the SAME LENGTH as .357 for it to work.

Yes; that was the response. WTF... :doh: