"Everything mechanical breaks eventually"... my Glock 19 did.

LOL. I think I can do it with one of my Glocks. Lord knows I'm gonna try. :squint:

It's just getting broken in good so keep on shooting. I had a much older friend, long since gone now, who had a pre Series 70 LW Commander he carried and shot all the time.  Its alloy frame finally cracked to the point of being unsafe so he contacted Colt wanting a new frame under warranty. The factory responded with a replacement & labor price that was near new gun replacement cost. His response was a "get bent" reply explaining how much a new alloy Ranger frame would cost him and he'd do the work himself. He did and that guns still shooting today.  

• Like 1

I got off the phone with Russell at Glock and he informed me they will be replacing the slide, at no charge, and it should arrive to me within the next 2 weeks. Great customer service folks! :up:

Russell told me that they have only seen this type of failure with Glocks that have been dropped therefore bending that particular area...and that there obviously was no indication of that ever happening to my gun.

I appreciate the excellent customer service from Glock.

So...could I have noticed there was a problem by/when cleaning and inspecting my gun prior to this? I doubt it.

But I'll be looking more carefully at all of my guns and their stress areas when doing cleaning and PM on 'em.

I'll be glad to have my 19 back in my holster. :pleased:

Glad to hear Glock is taking care of the problem quickly.

• Like 1

Thank you tnhawk.

Much to my surprise when I arrived home from work a few minutes my brand new Glock 19 slide was here waiting for me. 2 days after our conversation...not bad. :pleased:

Outstanding product and excellent customer service. Glock Rocks imho. :up:

• Like 2
I'm glad that your new slide was sent so quickly! However, I don't feel like it's some miraculous thing that they turned it around in that time frame. I imagine they simply received the broken slide, looked at it, tossed it in the scrap bin, grabbed fresh upper assembly, put in a box, and then mailed it. Now if they actually removed all the working bits from your previous slide and placed them all in the new one, that's a whole different story, and kudos to them if that's the case! :-)

I imagine they see this breakage quite often (as shown in the video someone else posted earlier in the thread) and they've got complete assemblies in bins/racks just waiting for a time such as this.

Regardless, glad your piece is now a complete piece again!
And that's another reason Glock has such high sales and satisfaction ratings.

Steelharp may have perverted me into my Walther PPQ, but I still like my Glocks!

BTW buddy, Sam looked at the PPQ trigger and saw what we hadn't seen. Really, really faint drag line on the trigger.

It was barely rubbing the left side of the frame. So he scared the devil out of me as he held it in one hand and pushed on the side of the trigger with the other a couple of times.

He handed it back to me and I went and ran a mag thru it. I don't think you'll ever say it feels gritty again. lol