It not another please help me decide on something unimportant thread is it?

strickj

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are both good sights.

I have night sights on my 92FS and a green fiber optic on my glock.

The fiber optic is a bigger object vs the night sight that is small.

At least in my case the fiber optic is not always bright as it is either in my night stand or in a holster in my truck. So it dose not see a whole lot of light and sometimes its a little dim. I dont know how old my fiber optic is as it came with the gun and I bought the gun from a friend so.....

Im not quite sure the life span of either as i have not been researching sights.

how the heck is the night sight under $10.00!!! i know CDNN has good prices but wow!

If i had the choice ide probably go with the fiber optic but thats just me. night sights are nice but usually more $$$ than the one you have listed sooo.........

Guest Verbal Kint

I use Ameriglo tritium sights, with the yellow rear and green front vials, and love them. I prefer the dual color for easier recognition of the sights on target.

You can also try the TruGlo "TFO" (Tritum/Fiber Optic) sights... which are both tritium and fiber optic... if you don't want to compromise one way or the other. Some people swear by them, but I've never tried them. Never heard anything negative about them, either, though. They also come in all green or the green/yellow combo. :hat:

Pics:

g38-tfo-rear-left.jpg

g38-tfo-rear-right.jpg

g38-tfo-front-left.jpg

I use Ameriglo tritium sights, with the yellow rear and green front vials, and love them. I prefer the dual color for easier recognition of the sights on target.

You can also try the TruGlo "TFO" (Tritum/Fiber Optic) sights... which are both tritium and fiber optic... if you don't want to compromise one way or the other. Some people swear by them, but I've never tried them. Never heard anything negative about them, either, though. They also come in all green or the green/yellow combo. :hat:

The TFO's are great. Super bright in the day (my main reason for them) and perfect for night. I always used the green/yellow combo.

If you are just looking at cheap alternatives for the P6, I'd go with the night sights.

• Administrator

Tru-Glo sights are nice but should be considered to be expendable items. Even non-chlorinated gun scrubbers will cause the fiber optic rods to lose their transparency over time. If you opt for them, try to keep chemicals away from the fibers when you clean the gun and realize that you may need to replace them periodically depending on how much use / cleaning the gun sees.

Just my $0.02 worth on it.

Guest abailey362

+1 on the tfo's....i have them on my P229 (factory) and had em on my last xd......great night or day

just forget the conflict and sell the gun to me. it'll make life much easier

Guest tbreed725

i have nite sights on one of my guns at the moment but i wouldnt mind trying tfo's they look promising tho i am finding even at night its hard to see the nite sights at my age

Guest Verbal Kint
Verbal;how do you like the yellow/green?

I hear the the yellows dont show up as bright as the greens,any truth to that?

Yeah, they're that way by design / nature of the isotope. Helps acquire the brighter, front, sight faster... and keeps from distracting your eye when you look past it at the front dot.

I've had the green/yellow combo on several guns now and love it. Wouldn't ever go back to an all green setup. But that's just personal preference, I guess. :)

• 2 weeks later...