Who shoots service rifles around here?

Tower:

Been looking to get a M1 Garand myself. Dad lugged one around the hills of Korea, and I have thought about getting one from that era and restoring it to like new, then taking him shooting with it once he moves out this way. I'm guessing a private sale is the way to go to get a nice one, have not seen many at gun shops, etc. Any ideas?

-Len

hey len! check out this link on the firing line...It looks like a good deal..

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239145

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Idahoser

Since getting my C&R license I've collected a Swiss K-31, a Russian Mosin Nagant 1938, and a Garand Service Grade from the CMP. My son was only able to get a Field Grade, and now I see they're down to just rack grade complete rifles. Shame.

We used to go shoot down in Batesville MS, but it's a long enough drive that we didn't go often. They closed the Shelby Co. range, and I haven't been able to afford MSSA yet, so we just basically don't shoot rifles anymore.

thats tough! its getting to the point that, unless you have property to shoot on, or you have a range membership, there's no place to shoot long guns.

+1 on the garands Idahoser. my brother has one made by international and boy is it nice!

my next rifle when I get home is going to be an imbel sa58 with scope mount. I already own a mauser, m1a and a few other service rifles. I never could get into civillian rifles.