Shady or not??

downtown

Tucking things back to sell to selected individuals is a far cry from outright theft. We're they carting it out the back door without paying for it, they'd be more equal. As it is, corporate Amerika still gets its money.
Taking something that doesn't belong to you is theft. It's is flat out wrong. Obviously.
The selective salesmanship we see here is not theft. I'm not defending it as 'right' per se but it's not the great monster it's been made out to be for the last few years.

This has ALWAYS been the operating norm especially in a capitolist society. If you were buying a limited edition car and your best friend was a salesman and marked it sold until you got there, would that be any different.

I'm as much a hypocrite as anyone. I get upset when chance doesn't favor me but it's just the way it is. I do find it comical that such a minuscule thing as rim fire ammo has carried on as such.
  • Like 1

Ok, it seems that some of you read into my post a little too much and involved what you thought I should teach my son. My son is 23 months old and I didn't want to take the time to see a manager. I only have a short selective time period for him to be in that buggy so I can shop with my sanity intact. I still had to go grocery shopping!

That would have been helpful information if it were included in the OP. It certainly makes more sense now.

• Like 1

At the Academy in Dalton, the .22 moved from the customer service desk back to the gun counter a while back.  When I was in recently and also before Christmas, it was back at customer service.  I wonder if it was because of something similar?

As for raising a public stink, I probably would not have either.  There was perhaps a very, very small chance that ammo was set aside for some youth shooting organization or such, in which case I would look like an ass.  We all know what was the most likely scenario, but that sliver of doubt would prevent me from publicly calling someone out.  Although I might tell the manager.

• Like 1

No Caster it's not escaped me that lie isn't fair or that air and equal treatment is and illusion. Providing extra perks to and established long term customer is where the dealing salting back a bit of hard to find ammunition is one thing. Having and employee do the same for an acquaintance or friend is another story. That's an ethically bad business practice where employee carelessness got it noticed. Should the business do such a thing? That's up to them, me I'll  go someplace else.

In a time when people are getting their throats cut and being set on fire for their beliefs, someone scamming a box or two of ammo from a buddy seems kind of trivial. I just can't get that worked up over it. Was it right ? Nope. Does life go on? Yep, for some of us. That's just me though, Ill take the criticism, bring it on.

yep, saying the kid was unable to process a lesson would have been an important part of the story as far a life lessons.

There is right and there is wrong.  Holding back tires, liquor or anything else for special people is wrong.   Justify it anyway you want.

Edited by Mike.357