Question about Cool Springs Motorsports

Randall53

I'm wanting to buy a 2014 Yamaha Grizzly 450 auto with EPS and they seem to have some good deals on them. It's a bit of a drive from Chattanooga, but I'm willing if I can get a good deal. How are they? If I tell them I'm on my way to get one please hold it will they do it?  I have cash so there won't be any financing.  I'm leery of driving so far on a promise not knowing anything about them. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, will one of these things fit in the back of my Dodge Quad cab? it has a 6' bed.

Thanks!!

Edited by Randall53

Yamaha says the dimensions are 78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in. That's just a shade over 6.5' long, so it won't fit without leaving the tailgate down. Bring some ratchet straps to secure it. It will fit between the wheel wells as those will be right at 4' apart. That's all assuming the dimensions at Yamaha's site are accurate.

• Like 1

Just call and talk to them and see how you feel.  I'd ask them "What is the best price you can do cash, OUT THE DOOR, today?"  If you like his answer say "I'm coming from Chattanooga, I just have to swing by my credit union and pick up a cashiers check, tell me again I need to have it made out for XXX?  I will be leaving momentarily and headed your way"  I only bring up the cashiers check because a legitimate dealer knows that you will want to have the cashiers check made out for the entire amount and that most people won't be carrying a bunch of money around to pay the difference if the price changes.  I would even go as far as to ask the salesman to text you the final price or even get an app that will record the phone conversation, just so you have a record to show what the salesman promised you.

Don't mean to sound too harsh and untrusting, I'm just a guy that has spent a lot of time in bike shops, I've experienced first hand attempts at a bait and switch, I've had bike shops try to scam me multiple times.  Unless a know a bike salesman personally then I'm not going to trust him anymore than I am an ambulance chasing attorney, or a used car salesman.

• Like 1

I purchased a 2011 Honda Rancher 4x4 ES there and never had any issues.  The sales team and manager were pretty straight forward.  Have also purchased parts there and have continued to go back.  I would definitely get the deal worked out over the phone and a final price set before making the trip as mentioned above though. 

• 2 weeks later...