Thinking about buying a 9mm shooter...

gregintenn

cz75 is a solid pick.  They come in lots of flavors.  Like many DA/SA it has a somewhat wiggly SA trigger,  typical of the style.   Extremely accurate.   Wife has a clone as well, and its money very well spent, the eaa witness family, also very accurate and well made.

RIA 1911 in 9mm is a nice target gun. 

beretta 92 is similar to the cz. 

ruger p series are inexpensive, well made. 

there are literally a couple of thousand more models... care to narrow it down beyond "not a glock" ?

Some sort of 38/357/9mm revolver can be fun.

• Like 1

I'm covered in revolvers. The CZ75 looks interesting, as does a Beretta 92. Also, the Sig210 catches my eye, but they seem to be a bit on the pricey side.

Perhaps a Browning Hi Power?

I'd like a full size pistol. Not polymer. No accessory rail.

How's the trigger in the EAA Witness?

Edited by gregintenn

So yes I'm a bit of a Sig fanboy so I'm going to suggest a 226. There are a few models left without rails.

If you bought a .357 sig or .40 S&W version you could get a replacement barrel to shoot the other caliber. Then you could add a conversion barrel and different mags for 9mm and have 3 calibers in one unit. If you wanted to get really crazy you can add a 22 LR top end and have 4 calibers.

Just a thought...

Guest mechanically

I'll jump on the pile and agree that a CZ would be one of the finest options you could select. I have several iterations, and love them all. I'm a big fan of the decocker format, but manual safety versions are great too. 

I would disagree that the Beretta 92 is similar, however... I have big hands, but still don't care for how a Beretta fits me. They're just a lot to fit my hand around. 

Wish you were closer, you're welcome to try them out!   :up:

Why not another metal Smith? I tend to lean towards 3rd gen S&W autos without manual safeties (DAO) or a Sig. I tolerated Beretta 92's during my days of being a MP, but so much prefer Smiths, Sigs, or Glocks. Browning Hipowers are awesome if you don't mind the S/A. I refuse to own a DA DA/SA variant of 1911/BH.

The real prize is a S&W DA/SA with a frame mounted decocker. I don't remember ever seeing one in a 9mm variant though. Edited by Patton
I was looking for a 9mm shooter too and until a few days ago I'd say either an older Sig P226 or maybe a nice P228 or even a HK P30L. I even looked into Sig's X5 series. I picked up a HK VP9 and man that thing is just a joy to shoot!