Ukraine might have been nuked, video inside.

Here is a video from Ukraine, anyone please tell me this is NOT a nuke. Classic mushroom, although small, along with a pretty substantial shockwave. If this is true that is the first nuke in a very, very long time but even more disturbing is the fact someone felt it was ok to take that step across that line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQ5EPnSE_4

And here is a view from a satellite:

20150208_erdogan2_0.jpg

Sure looks that way to me! This is not good.

Didn't we make an agreement with Ukraine several years back that if they'd disarm their nuclear weapon arsenal, we'd protect them? What happened to that deal?

We did make that deal but BHO has removed the missile defense system from over there and him and his cronies feel that playing nice nice makes the evil people in this world place nice too.

He re-negged!

This must be what bho was talking about when he told Putin hat after the election, he'd have more leeway.

If it was a nuke, trust me, CTBTO would be instantly screaming.  They even heard the meteor explosions (and correctly identified them) over Russia last year. A nuke has a very distinctive acoustic and electromagnetic signature.

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 2
Someone posted this comment in English.. Makes sense to me..

" Sound travels at about 738 miles an hours. The sound of the blast from this explosion hits the camera within a second after the flash, suggesting that he is very close to a small explosion. The shockwave from a nuke travels at about 600 miles an hour. The shockwave in this video hits the camera after about 16 seconds. Suggesting that he is within 3 miles of the "nuke." He would have been disintegrated. Sorry, it's not a nuclear explosion."

Someone posted this comment in English.. Makes sense to me..

" Sound travels at about 738 miles an hours. The sound of the blast from this explosion hits the camera within a second after the flash, suggesting that he is very close to a small explosion. The shockwave from a nuke travels at about 600 miles an hour. The shockwave in this video hits the camera after about 16 seconds. Suggesting that he is within 3 miles of the "nuke." He would have been disintegrated. Sorry, it's not a nuclear explosion."

I really hope and pray for all the world that you are right. Edited by hipower
  • Like 2

some of the other bombs make a mushroom cloud.  It does not have to be a nuke.  And FWIW the conventional weapons of TODAY are on par with the hiroshima nuke in power, so the difference is simply lack of radiation -- the destruction is as bad.

It could have been a nuke.  Or not.

I believe the flash would have been brighter if it were a nuke.  They say, if you ever notice a second sun in the sky, don't look at it.  From what I understand a nuke flash, even a little one, is as bright as the sun.  That looked like a fireball.  

• Like 1

I believe the flash would have been brighter if it were a nuke.  They say, if you ever notice a second sun in the sky, don't look at it.  From what I understand a nuke flash, even a little one, is as bright as the sun.  That looked like a fireball.  

It would have lasted longer, at least. 

Didn't we make an agreement with Ukraine several years back that if they'd disarm their nuclear weapon arsenal, we'd protect them? What happened to that deal?

Not exactly. You're thinking of the Budapest Memorandum which says we (plus Russia and the UK) would provide "security assurances" in exchange for nuclear non-proliferation. "Security assurances" in geo-political treaties is not the same thing as "direct military action" as we have with NATO signatories. It can mean sanctions against an aggressor, or hosting peace talks, or supplying humanitarian aid, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

• Like 2

I believe this is what the missile defense system we had in place and the organizer removed was for. 

• Elimination assistance. The United States agreed to make available substantial Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction assistance to cover the costs of eliminating the ICBMs, strategic bombers, ICBM silos and other nuclear infrastructure in Ukraine.

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/up-front/posts/2014/01/14-getting-rid-nukes-trilateral-statement-20-years-pifer

At the same time, both the United States and Russia will affirm their commitments to respect Ukraine's existing borders, including the Crimea, which is claimed by Russian nationalists.

Much of the nuclear deal is being kept secret, White House officials said, in part to keep the details out of the hands of Kravchuk's opponents while the Ukrainian leader tries to gather support.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-01-13/news/mn-11417_1_nuclear-arms