Don Hume

Guest truthsayer

Guest truthsayer

I went to see Halfpint about maybe buying a Bersa from his shop. After finding out just how much I dislike the Bersa's controls, I decided to try out a few Don Hume IWB holsters. I bought one each for my S&W 442 and SW40VE. I didn't have unrealistic expectation for the Sigma holster since I'm thin and the gun isn't. However, I've been using the holster for my snubbie the last few days and have been able to conceal it under anything and everything. I can't wait to find the right one for my Keltec P11!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... IWB holsters.... I can't wait to find the right one for my Keltec P11!

D.M. Bullard Dual Carry

I would guarantee you'll like it, but since he has money back guarantee for any reason, I don't need to.

He has other single clip options, but the Dual is the bomb.

http://dmbullardleather.com

Here's Dual Carry specifically for the P11:

http://estore.websitepros.com/1565531/Detail.bok?no=229

dual%20carry%20012.JPG

- OS

The more I see those the more I like them.:whistle:

Helluva piece of functionality and workmanship for 'bout $70.

And the fact you can get them in a week or less, unless you want some custom options...fortunately I only half filled about 1/3 of a holster draw before settling in on them :cool:

For anyone getting one...I moved the clips to the outside "tuckable" positions, with leather spacer, even though I don't tuck. Let's it flex more for better fit to bod.

I get caught up on some stuff, gonna do a review/report onsite here.

- OS

When I use leather, it's usually Don Hume.

For the money, they make excellent products.

Leather workmanship is good and the OWB products are generally pretty good for function, too.

Almost all (all actually I think) of the IWB ones though have single clip or double straps right at thickest part of weapon/holster, increases thickness right where you need it least. Very much like High Noon's lesser offerings.

Most are also just minimally formed to the specific gun, not detail boned.

Nothing really wrong with them, just that you can get significantly better functionality and more customization for same or just little more bucks if you look around.

I see Hume as sort of the middle ground in holsters; they only fill up about 20% of the holster drawers out there :D

- OS

Guest Halfpint

Just want to say THANKS to Truthsayer for the business and the opportunity to meet another local member, but I also would like to point one thing out:

It's not MY shop, I just work there. :lol:

As far as the Don Hume holsters go, I have an IWB with metal clip for my 442 and have used them for most of my other carry guns over the past two years (as I'm only 23) . . . if I wasn't so completely stuck on my A.R.G., I'd probably still be using one.

Edited by Halfpint
  • 3 years later...
Guest josie22412

I have Don Hume holsters for both my Glock 19 (carry piece) and my Kimber 1911 and I love them both. I think they make great products for the price.