Sneaky S.O.B.s

gun sane

What appears to be a harmless plastic toy is really a 12 GA Mossberg confiscated during an arrest by a sharp-eyed Indianapolis LEO.  It's something to keep in mind when you hear stories about excessive use of force by police against innocent teens holding water guns.

[URL=http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/Mantema/media/b5607aea-42f0-4b00-94a6-9d62a9fa18b5_zpsacafcdae.jpg.html]b5607aea-42f0-4b00-94a6-9d62a9fa18b5_zps[/URL]

• Like 1

And then they wonder why Police react as they do when someone points a gun at them. These are very dangerous times for all of us and not just police. We are all a possible victim at any time and any place. It is very important to stay vigil when outside the home and in some cases inside the home as well.............jmho

• Like 1

What appears to be a harmless plastic toy is really a 12 GA Mossberg confiscated during an arrest by a sharp-eyed Indianapolis LEO.  It's something to keep in mind when you hear stories about excessive use of force by police against innocent teens holding water guns.

One isolated incident like this doesn't amend or justify any past or future actions of LEOs. One underwear bomber doesn't make all underwear dangerous and suspect.

• Like 4

One isolated incident like this doesn't amend or justify any past or future actions of LEOs. One underwear bomber doesn't make all underwear dangerous and suspect.

One successful suicide Bomber is one to many, One innocent person killed by things of this nature is 1 two many,  Two Boston Bombers were 2 two many. When you start looking at it as a one time incident where lives could or have been lost your failing to realize that if one person can do this today so can 100 more in a week or month if it is not addressed properly the first time. Where would our country be if all of the security around air travel had not been taken after 9/11. We would still have crazy Virgin seeking maniacs flying planes into buildings killing 1000's of Americans............jmho

• Like 1

One successful suicide Bomber is one to many, One innocent person killed by things of this nature is 1 two many,  Two Boston Bombers were 2 two many. When you start looking at it as a one time incident where lives could or have been lost your failing to realize that if one person can do this today so can 100 more in a week or month if it is not addressed properly the first time. Where would our country be if all of the security around air travel had not been taken after 9/11. We would still have crazy Virgin seeking maniacs flying planes into buildings killing 1000's of Americans............jmho

I quite disagree. A lot of the problems this country faces are created by the government, and the government has not and cannot prevent them from happening. Life is full of unavoidable risks and adversity, and the very attitude that "if just one person can/is/could have been killed/saved/stopped" is the very attitude that eleutherophobes use to justify further depressing whatever sliver of freedoms are left in this country and the world. That same attitude is the most prevelant held against gun rights, against freedom of speech and press, and against the free market.

Edited by Ted S.
  • Like 4

I quite disagree. A lot of the problems this country faces are created by the government, and the government has not and cannot prevent them from happening. Life is full of unavoidable risks and adversity, and the very attitude that "if just one person can/is/could have been killed/saved/stopped" is the very attitude that eleutherophobes use to justify further depressing whatever sliver of freedoms are left in this country and the world. That same attitude is the most prevelant held against gun rights, against freedom of speech and press, and against the free market.

You said many of the problems were caused by the government but cannot do much to fix or prevent them. ?

The lack of common sense with domestic policy is the problem. Not wanting to target Muslims as suspects and shaking down my 80 year old mother out of fairness is ignorant as are many of his governments policies.

If we were tough on criminals, we'd have less crime. It doesn't mean we need to spy on every American just in case while targeting conservatives and veterans, that is tyranny.

You said many of the problems were caused by the government but cannot do much to fix or prevent them. ?

The lack of common sense with domestic policy is the problem. Not wanting to target Muslims as suspects and shaking down my 80 year old mother out of fairness is ignorant as are many of his governments policies.

If we were tough on criminals, we'd have less crime. It doesn't mean we need to spy on every American just in case while targeting conservatives and veterans, that is tyranny.

It was meant to suggest that after the problems are created, the government doesn't remedy them. It's not in their interest.

• Like 3

I would like to ask folks here a question? Don't want to be discriminating and don't want it to seem so. My question is how many folks here feel that we should be made and or forced to accept the Muslin/Islamic religion as a peaceful non violent religion when we have been shown different so many times? If the Islamic faith is so non violent how come almost every terrorist attack such as the one in France last week and let us not forget it was made clear that every one of the terrorists were either reading aloud from the Qur'an or quoting from it just before all the planes crashed on 9/11? Also the cartoonist and people killed in France were killed for the Islamic faith to Mohammad.  If this post is unacceptable or out of line please remove it  

• Like 1

I would like to ask folks here a question? Don't want to be discriminating and don't want it to seem so. My question is how many folks here feel that we should be made and or forced to accept the Muslin/Islamic religion as a peaceful non violent religion when we have been shown different so many times? If the Islamic faith is so non violent how come almost every terrorist attack such as the one in France last week and let us not forget it was made clear that every one of the terrorists were either reading aloud from the Qur'an or quoting from it just before all the planes crashed on 9/11? Also the cartoonist and people killed in France were killed for the Islamic faith to Mohammad.  If this post is unacceptable or out of line please remove it  

While I don't like to see the Muslim faith spread in the method it does I know VERY FEW religions with no blood in their history. You have to focus on those who are violent and whom encourage violence rather than all those who follow a particular religion.

Edited by 2.ooohhh
  • Like 1

While I don't like to see the Muslim faith spread in the method it does I know VERY FEW religions with no blood in their history. You have to focus on those who are violent and whom encourage violence rather than all those who follow a particular religion.

I can agree with that but in most other religions they will shun away from the ones that use the religion for evil. In most of the Muslim / Islamic people they stay silent because of the few that might be peaceful, for every peaceful one there are 10,000 radical ones so how do you know who to trust and who will cut your head off if possible. Their belief is death to all infidels and unless you are Islamic/Muslin or a converted one you are an infidel and the enemy..............jmho

It's easy to hate all Muslims based on the radicals, but just like every Priest isn't a pedophile or homosexual, not every Muslim is an extremist.

I've known some Muslims in my life. I have read the Quran. It's full of a ton bizarre shit just like the Christian bible.

My Muslim friends were some of the most devout and peace loving people you could imagine.

It's easy to hate all Muslims based on the radicals, but just like every Priest isn't a pedophile or homosexual, not every Muslim is an extremist.

I've known some Muslims in my life. I have read the Quran. It's full of a ton bizarre #### just like the Christian bible.

My Muslim friends were some of the most devout and peace loving people you could imagine.

Of course it's not smart to think all Muslims are bad, it's like saying all democrats are lying commie freak shows. While similar in their response, they aren't coming out against the bad ones.
At least in the govt controlled media we're not hearing about it.

White Christians commit plenty of terrorist acts too. As a matter of fact the record for most deaths at a school killing in the United States is still attributed [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster] to a white 55 year old school board treasurer.[/url]

There is evil in the whole world. No matter who or what, or what isn't your god. This country was founded on the ideal of freedom, and with freedom comes danger. That is the cost. Statistics clearly show that violent crime is on the overall downstroke. I fully believe that this is due to law abiding citizens carrying guns. There always have been, and always will be thugs who don't want to follow the rules. Again, no matter the skin tone, or socioeconomic background. A criminal is a criminal. Whether he is motivated by god, drugs or greed.

One thing I have learned in my life though, standing a round wringing my hands and working myself into a frenzy doesn't do anyone any good.

I know several Muslims, I currently work with a gentleman in a professional setting. He is calm, succinct, and good about his job. As a matter of fact one of the reasons that he and I work together, and well I might add, is that no one else in the office will even talk to him. I was even approached by a coworker and asked something that floored me, 'What if he cuts your head off?' It dumbfounds me that people can be so ignorant in such a connected world. When all the information of the world is at your fingertips, why are we more hateful and close-minded now than we have ever been?  

Now, if I do get my head cut-off, you can all tell me I was wrong.

• Like 3

I've known some Muslims in my life. I have read the Quran. It's full of a ton bizarre #### just like the Christian bible.

Why aren't the 900,000,000 peace loving muslims taking action or speaking out against the 100,000,000 extremists? It such a small percentage at 10%.
  • Like 1

We don't hear about the peace loving muslims, only the Extremists. Remember, the news sells fear and that is where some in the government want us to be. Fearful of a new enemy. First it was the germans/Japanese/Italians, then during the cold war it was Russia and any communist country, then it was Iran, Iraq and lately it has been terrorists in the middle east or with ties to the middle east.

As long as they( government) keep the public in fear, they will have to rely on the government for protection. Thus, justifies it's existance. More military spending, special operations, etc...

If the US government would keep out of these other countries business, then we might not have such a target on our country. At least that is what it seems.

• Like 1

While it is true that not all muslims are extremists,  enough are.  Just as not all Christians actually joined the crusades and not all Germans killed jews some muslims will not chop off your head.  But again, there are enough extremists in those groups to be wary of them when you fit the profile of the ones they want to kill.  Right now it sucks to be a peaceful muslim, as I am sure those non extremists in the above groups felt the same way.  As then, if you are against the actions that "your" group is doing then its up to you to stand up against it.

While it is true that not all muslims are extremists,  enough are.  Just as not all Christians actually joined the crusades and not all Germans killed jews some muslims will not chop off your head.  But again, there are enough extremists in those groups to be wary of them when you fit the profile of the ones they want to kill.  Right now it sucks to be a peaceful muslim, as I am sure those non extremists in the above groups felt the same way.  As then, if you are against the actions that "your" group is doing then its up to you to stand up against it.

You can't stand alone, until you get enough people educated in the real dealings of what is going on you will be branded as a "nut". One reason why i usually keep my mouth shut unless I'm around like minded people. I don't want to be branded the "nut".

True not all of one group are the enemy, just the media makes it seem so.

I wouldn't consider what this "55 year old white" Christian did as terrorism, he didn't do it in the name or to spread Christianity. I wouldn't even blame the government because of taxes, he lost his mind.

Does your coworker denounce what those that are on a crusade are doing?