Glock - I'm Bummin'

graycrait

Btw, if you have an early Gen4 without an ATF/Dot connector, call Glock.

They will ask for your serial # and then send you an ATF/Dot connector for free.

If anyone around Rutherford Co wants a Glock Armorer to install it, I'd be happy to do it for free.  It takes about 5 minutes.

I need to call them anyway. I bought my Gen 4 G19 used, and need to make sure it has all the right stuff in it.

When Gen4 came out, ATF was looking to upgrade.

They eventually said, "We like the gun, but the trigger sucks.  Fix it and we"ll move forward."

That was the birth of the ATF/Dot connector.  Initial Gen4s were shipped with a standard connector and the triggers sucked.

Now, every Gen4 is shipped with an ATF/Dot connector.  Not a miracle, but much better.

Put an ATF/Dot connector in your Gen1-3 and you will notice an even better improvement.

Our guy that just went through the Glock Armorer school didn't hear anything about an "ATF/Dot connector." Can you elaborate? How can you tell?

I stayed away from Gen for a long time . I ran across a model 41 and they are only available in Gen 4 , and I bought it . I felt no difference in the trigger . I have bout and traded for a couple others that are Gen a 27 and a 35 and the trigger is fine on them . I did read elsewhere that the early ones had problems but most anything does. Best to wait and let the bugs get worked out after a year or 2. I bought a late Gen 3 17 that was bad to put the brass to the face and I was not limp wristing it and had no problems with any other one I had including the model 20 in 10 mm. I installed the updated ejector and have had no more problems . 

I am up 2 my eyes in Glocks and I really like them . 99 % of the time I carry a 33 with a 32 magazine but on occasion I carry either the PT 709 Slim Taurus or a NAA 22 magnum . If they ever make one I will buy one . If they don't I will buy whatever else they make just to go with the others in the collection . But any big changes like a totally new Generation or sized gun and I will be slow to buy it and let the bugs get worked out.

This.

The last time I recerted with Glock (Sept 2014), the instructor was still calling it the ATF/Dot connector (IIRC, my Armorer's manual calls it that as well, but lists it at 5lbs).

Honestly, Glock should discontinue the "5.5 connector" and just make the "Connector 5" standard.  Don't let the paper stats fool you, Connector 5 feels better than 1/2 of a pound.

Again, no miracles, but worth it to me and I put them in all my Glocks.  I was never a fan of the 3.5 connector (they're calling 4.5 now).  Lighter, but mushier.

Connector 5 is as "crisp" as the 5.5, but seems to drop the weight by 1-1.5lbs in Gens 1-3.

Also, after reading the article, Glock seems to have stopped shipping connectors (or never did) directly to anyone not LE / Armorer.  Don't know.

Anytime I deal with Glock it's Armorer/work related, so I may have been mistaken about them shipping connectors directly to consumers (like they did with the Gen4 RSAs).

So I deleted my post #49.

Edited by TN-popo

I've tried a bunch of Glock after market. As some of you know I have had pile of Glocks and used to work on quite a few for other people around town or FT Campbell.  I had a Gen 4 19 for a short while didn't do anything for me.    All those Glocks are gone now except for my Gen 3 26 and my very first Glock, a Gen 3 19, although I have had Gen 1's and 2's.  IMHO the Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger can't be beat:  http://zevtechnologies.com/Products/Trigger-Kits/ZEV-Adj-Fulcrum-Trigger-Drop-In-Kit-1st-3rd-Gen-9mm-Blk-Blk_2.html

This is a close second:  http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=931485&CAT=750  Of course you will need to install a different connector like a Ghost or something.

At the very least just do a 25 cent trigger job, put in the latest greatest lightest Glock OEM connector and shave the trigger shoe safety down so that if collapses flush with the trigger shoe when the shoe is depressed.  That raised ridge aggravates me in long range sessions. 

Edited by graycrait
Also, after reading the article, Glock seems to have stopped shipping connectors directly to anyone not LE / Armorer.  Don't know.

So I deleted my post #49.

That article is 4.5 years old, BTW.

Edited by Garufa