PSA - Thief Alert

dickenscpa

Man, no offense but I'd find a new church.  I can commune with God anywhere.

Currently I do that from home.  Georgia law allows three people (the bishops of their respective dioceses, two of which cover 99% of Georgia) to ban guns in Episcopal churches.  Rather than completely find a new church, I'm trying to change the law  ;) .

I like Dolomite's idea of pointing out that there is a criminal (now an armed criminal) that might be coming back to that store partially due to their policies.  I agree that if the store/management/corporation are rabidly anti-gun, they won't assume any responsibility, but if they are fence-sitters, maybe it will be a wake-up call.

• Like 1

I never leave the house without my firearm. And i never part with it unlessit is in a safe and secure location in my truck. ( I have a lockable center console in my truck) So I have to leave it there when i work or have to go into a Posted place of business that I have no other option to visit( Post office, ect...) Any other businesses out there that are posted, I will boycott entirely. Now My church has not mentioned whether or not it allows or disallows guns, but I carry there as it is. ( when I do go to church). Didn't go today because i had to work.

To the OP, sorry for your loss of both the firearm and your grandmother.

Sorry for your losses.  I'm very familiar with that area.  What appears to be a nice shopping center on the surface is walking distance from the biggest trailer park in the county.  There are always nasty people hanging out around there.  The Walmart after 10 pm is downright scary.

I think most churches live under a belief that GOD will protect them and there is no need for guns in church. Maybe to a point GOD will protect the church. But tell me how many people hyped up on drugs believe in GOD and would not walk into a Church just like a Convenient Store and rob and possibly kill someone............. :shrug: :shrug:

I have a (not very expensive) locked steel box attached by steel cable under the seat frame of my truck that my pistol goes into in the rare instances I can't keep it with me.

A thief could probably still get it, but he'd have to be determined and well equipped, IF he could find it in the first place.

As for carrying in Church - that is one of the places I WILL NOT go unless I'm armed..  Too ripe an opportunity for someone who wants to hurt people.

• Like 2

Man, no offense but I'd find a new church.  I can commune with God anywhere.

I told my pastor, (and the new pastor), that if they have a problem with it to let me know and I'll take my tithe elsewhere. He responded that in any given Sunday service there was likely 10 handguns in the audience. I now head the security in my church. :)

Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Like 3

I think most churches live under a belief that GOD will protect them and there is no need for guns in church. Maybe to a point GOD will protect the church. But tell me how many people hyped up on drugs believe in GOD and would not walk into a Church just like a Convenient Store and rob and possibly kill someone............. :shrug: :shrug:

God does protect them without obvious intervention by giving them the skills to protect their selves. David, Joshua, Sampson, etc, used their weapons effectively with some guidance perhaps, but God didn't swing the sword for them. I hear people quote Jesus about turning the other cheek, but he doesn't say anything about letting your enemy kill you.

Won't your homeowners, renters, or auto insurance cover the theft of your personal property? I know at least 2 of my policies would. And what about the NRA's free insurance, unless you aren't a member? Ideally you can get a gun back via one of these methods.

Auto insurance covered a rifle that was in my truck in my driveway. It was hidden behind my seat.

Won't your homeowners, renters, or auto insurance cover the theft of your personal property? I know at least 2 of my policies would. And what about the NRA's free insurance, unless you aren't a member? Ideally you can get a gun back via one of these methods.

Usually a $500 deductible, though, eh?

- OS

• 4 months later...
Just an update on this ordeal - I just got a call from the police that someone tried to pawn my gun this morning. They don't think he's the one that stole it but he is telling who he bought it from. The detective in charge is related by marriage and said I could call him tomorrow and pick it up. I hope it's not trashed and the expensive mag is still in it.
  • Like 6

Just an update on this ordeal - I just got a call from the police that someone tried to pawn my gun this morning. They don't think he's the one that stole it but he is telling who he bought it from. The detective in charge is related by marriage and said I could call him tomorrow and pick it up. I hope it's not trashed and the expensive mag is still in it.

Good for you!

I am totally surprised it is being released. I am assuming no one is pursuing any crime. dude who pawned it is out of his cash.