I about fell over!

none

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get the Lightweight Commander ordered immediately!  I wish my wife would carry a 1911, but she's happy with an XD40sc.

Initially she was not anti but nut really into guns either. She decided a 22lr would be ok for her then over time went with the Sr9c which has been great. She is usually always cold except in the heat of summer so she always has a fleece or some thing on so she carries owb. So yeah I will be ordering her one right quick. They look like they offer a lot of features for the money.

My wife has gone from a SR22 to a SR9C Now she wants a 45 she is looking at two either the SR 45 or get this she likes the Ruger Lightweight aluminum Commander.

Didn't know about the new Lightweight until now. That's sharp looking.

When considering a carry 1911, don't forget about the ATI fatboy LW. 13 rounds of .45 goodness in a compact frame & the same width as a normal 1911.

Will let her know. I am going to sit on the side line on this one unless she asks. She really likes her Rutgers so my guess we will be ordering one in short order. Edited by wcd

Don't get me wrong, I'm never going to try and talk a woman out of choosing her own gun, and I really do like the 1911; but I have to ask. Has she shot the SR45?

I was skeptical till I shot one. They are awesome. Closest thing to a Glock 21 I've shot.

And I actually like it better than the G21. :stunned:

Don't get me wrong, I'm never going to try and talk a woman out of choosing her own gun, and I really do like the 1911; but I have to ask. Has she shot the SR45?

I was skeptical till I shot one. They are awesome. Closest thing to a Glock 21 I've shot.

And I actually like it better than the G21. :stunned:

Yes both of them (not the lightweight) there is a really nice store in Indiana Blithes sporting goods a gun store that sells sporting goods downlstairs. When we were thinking about picking up a SR 1911 almost two years ago the owner of the shop let us fire each of them at the time. We decided to go with the 1911. Partly because it was a 1911. At the time she thought it looked nice so we bought it. Its still nib in the safe. Just cleaned lubed and ready to go in about 11 years. We bought it for my son. The whole thing led to her getting a Sr22 at the time. Which believe it or not was my first choice for her to carry! Because she wanted it and learned to shoot it and she carried it all the time. So yeah I am very proud of her and will support her in her decision.