APEX has CETME L kits!

Looks like these guys have a handle on parts, not what I'd call cheap, but when you look at the big picture it's not all that bad I suppose. Definetly doused a bit of cold water on my "need" though. :D

The feeling is mutual, I didn't know the barrels and receivers were that hard to come by. I just suddenly got "rare" gun fever and thought I'd share. -_-

No receivers nor barrels yet that I know of.  Also the kits are only in "good" condition with some pretty substantial wear according to the ad.  It looks cool but also the Cetme "L" had more than its fair share of problems while it was being issued.  Unless you're a Cetme collector I'd pass on this lot.  Just my two cents tho.

Sourcing a barrel might be fun. Can't turn your own, the chambers on roller lockers are fluted to aid extraction. Not easily done.

Wonder if it would be possible to use an HK 93 trunnion and turn a blank down from there? Doubtful you'd get lucky enough to use one of those barrels.

Does the chamber "have" to be fluted? Reason I ask is because 1. I haven't studied this particular rifle and how it functions. 2. I wonder if the US made models have fluted chambers. I see the US made barrels from HK Parts for both .223 and .308 barrels but I didn't notice (given I just glanced over the description) a mention of a fluted chamber. I looked into builds on Weaponeer but it seems like no one has come up with a way to do it. Others sound like they tried modifying receivers from the other rifles but it didn't go anywhere, so the trunnion idea could be waaayyy off anyway. Just throwing ideas out there for discussion sake.

Ok, just went back and re read the descriptions.  The barrels I found did have fluted chambers.

Edited by gjohnsoniv