Springfield XD Mod. 2

Guest DrNick1986

Guest DrNick1986

Hello everyone! 

I've been a fun of the Springfield XD series for a few years now. I had the opportunity to shoot my step-father's XD 9 Subcompact as well as a friends XDs 45 and was having a very difficult time determining which I liked better/which one I would eventually add to my collection. 

A little before Christmas time I finally opted to go with the XDs (in 9mm) and once again found myself viewing the Springfield website when a popup for the Mod. 2 sprang up on my screen. For some strange reason that was the first I had heard of the Mod. 2 and as I read Springfield's description/specs and every 3rd party review I could find I quickly realized that this was the gun I had been waiting for! 

On Christmas Eve I called my LGS and to my surprise and excitement they had the Mod. 2 in stock. A few hours, and some paperwork, later I was the very happy owner of the new gun. 

I've only been able to visit the range once since picking it up but I put 150 rounds through it during that visit. To say I was impressed with the guns accuracy, reliability, and general feel would be a strong understatement. I've been around/shot guns for practically my entire life (Dad is a LEO and step-dad is retired military) but I've only been collecting personally for about 2 years now and the Mod. 2 is without a doubt my favorite gun to shoot at the moment. 

So ... anyone else own a Mod. 2 or have a chance to shoot one yet? Would love to hear your thoughts on the gun as well! 

The picture attached is of the 40, but mine is the 9. 

XD-Mod.2-Sub-Compact-8.jpg

• Administrator

I have an XDS 45 and have enjoyed shooting it, and the Mod 2 looks like a natural evolution.  Unfortunately a lot of folks have really latched on to the "Grip Zone" molded into the grip and have amused themselves by making fun of it too much to give any other aspects of the gun a fair shake.

If you shoot it well, will carry it religiously, and it goes bang every time you pull the trigger, I would say you have a keeper.  Enjoy it.  :)

• Like 2
Guest DrNick1986

I also found all of the grip zone emphasis to be very "infomercial like" and annoying but in all honesty I love the way the gun feels especially with the extended mag.

Now I am just anxiously awaiting my Cook's IWB tuckable holster to ship. Stinking 3 week wait ...

Edited by DrNick1986