In Nashville Man pulls gun after his order was messed up

vontar

Every time this happens. I say to myself:

"$15 an hour...."

There's no doubt in my mind that a large percentage of America actually believes $15/hr would fix this. I happen to be one of them...yeah, I said it!

Here's how it'd work...
1) If McDonald's paid $15/hr, they'd attract very competent employees, who'd actually fear losing such a good paying job enough to do a good job.
2) All the current fast food workers wouldn't qualify, so they'd wind up on welfare/food stamps, like the Dems want (more votes from captive audience).
3) This thug wouldn't have been there to start with, because he could no longer afford McDonalds due to price increases to cover the staggering labor costs.
4). The people who COULD afford the over-priced crap they serve would go elsewhere and eventually McDonald's would go out of business, freeing up thousands of acres of prime real estate that would undoubtedly be snatched up by tobacco marts, check cashing joints, and places to get your nails did.

/sarcasm
  • Like 2

There's no doubt in my mind that a large percentage of America actually believes $15/hr would fix this. I happen to be one of them...yeah, I said it!

Here's how it'd work...
1) If McDonald's paid $15/hr, they'd attract very competent employees, who'd actually fear losing such a good paying job enough to do a good job.
2) All the current fast food workers wouldn't qualify, so they'd wind up on welfare/food stamps, like the Dems want (more votes from captive audience).
3) This thug wouldn't have been there to start with, because he could no longer afford McDonalds due to price increases to cover the staggering labor costs.
4). The people who COULD afford the over-priced crap they serve would go elsewhere and eventually McDonald's would go out of business, freeing up thousands of acres of prime real estate that would undoubtedly be snatched up by tobacco marts, check cashing joints, and places to get your nails did.

/sarcasm

:rofl:

• Like 1

Ok, here was an experience I had at local  Arby's about a month ago. I had been watching that commercial about them having the beef steak sandwiches on sale and what I saw on the TV commercial made my mouth water to many times so I went to the local Arby's to get a couple of them. I never ever use drive ups anywhere. I went inside and ordered two sandwiches and Curly Fries. When the clerk handed me my bag I stood right there at the counter and opened up both sandwiches. Each one had two slices of beef you could read a newspaper through on them. I spoke with the clerk about them not looking like they show on television commercials. She told me that they are required to weigh each portion of beef before putting it on the sandwich.

I told her I would like to speak with the manager. He showed up in less than a minute and I explained to him what my complaint was. He began to tell me the same store as the clerk and I stopped him. I told him I brought this to his attention in a normal tone of voice but I could get louder and be much more abrupt if he wanted me to. I said I want a sandwich like they promise in their commercials with all their bragging about they have the beef. I asked him which way he wanted this to go. He took my bag to the back and he personally made me new sandwiches and up sized my Curly Fries to a large. Upon returning he handed me my food in a bag and I didn't even bother to look at it. I thanked him and left. When I got home there was a note in my bag requesting that I find another place to eat in the future.

Now with that said the two sandwiches both had about 4 inches of thick tender beef on each one and looked like what they show on TV. I have no plans of returning to Arby's since my type 2 diabetes was discovered I can no longer eat there but I did get my point across and did consider that a very small victory. Had I not got what I asked for i would not have pulled my gun. I would have just simply requested a refund and went elsewhere.................................... :cool: :cool:

Edited by bersaguy

Ok, here was an experience I had at local Arby's about a month ago. I had been watching that commercial about them having the beef steak sandwiches on sale and what I saw on the TV commercial made my mouth water to many times so I went to the local Arby's to get a couple of them. I never ever use drive ups anywhere. I went inside and ordered two sandwiches and Curly Fries. When the clerk handed me my bag I stood right there at the counter and opened up both sandwiches. Each one had two slices of beef you could read a newspaper through on them. I spoke with the clerk about them not looking like they show on television commercials. She told me that they are required to weigh each portion of beef before putting it on the sandwich.

I told her I would like to speak with the manager. He showed up in less than a minute and I explained to him what my complaint was. He began to tell me the same store as the clerk and I stopped him. I told him I brought this to his attention in a normal tone of voice but I could get louder and be much more abrupt if he wanted me to. I said I want a sandwich like they promise in their commercials with all their bragging about they have the beef. I asked him which way he wanted this to go. He took my bag to the back and he personally made me new sandwiches and up sized my Curly Fries to a large. Upon returning he handed me my food in a bag and I didn't even bother to look at it. I thanked him and left. When I got home there was a note in my bag requesting that I find another place to eat in the future.

Now with that said the two sandwiches both had about 4 inches of thick tender beef on each one and looked like what they show on TV. I have no plans of returning to Arby's since my type 2 diabetes was discovered I can no longer eat there but I did get my point across and did consider that a very small victory. Had I not got what I asked for i would not have pulled my gun. I would have just simply requested a refund and went elsewhere.................................... :cool: :cool:

I don't see how you can sleep at night, knowing you are no longer welcome at that Arby's. LOL
  • Like 1

Here's how it'd work...

/sarcasm

There is some truth to this but those idiots fail to realize that less than half of them would be out of work within a week of a minimum wage increase. Then they wouldn't be able to afford to buy anything because all we would have done was create across the board inflation.

This idiot, the one who pulled the gun, probably just steals everything he needs anyway so minimum wage amounts do not effect him.
  • Like 2

Ok, here was an experience I had at local  Arby's about a month ago. I had been watching that commercial about them having the beef steak sandwiches on sale and what I saw on the TV commercial made my mouth water to many times so I went to the local Arby's to get a couple of them. I never ever use drive ups anywhere. I went inside and ordered two sandwiches and Curly Fries. When the clerk handed me my bag I stood right there at the counter and opened up both sandwiches. Each one had two slices of beef you could read a newspaper through on them. I spoke with the clerk about them not looking like they show on television commercials. She told me that they are required to weigh each portion of beef before putting it on the sandwich.

hahahahaha winning!

Did you enjoy your teenaged spit sandwich? :D

I always make sure I have the food in hand before I tell them how much I hate them.

• Like 1

Of course not, they would have told that in the first sentence if he had.

Or sometimes even if he didn't have one. When it comes to gun stories, the chasm between the truth and the story might as well be the Grand Canyon. 

That's the ticket for sure! Bet they'd all the sudden be whip smart, on time for work, and friendly as hell! Ha ha. Sad thing is those folks probably tell themselves they'd be better employees if they got 15 an hour and believe it too. If only they could spend a day digging ditches in the cold February rain with my guys; then they'd see how you EARN $15 an hour with little education and little experience

You hit the nail on the head. They want to be PAID $15/hour, not EARN it. 

Here's how it'd work...

/sarcasm

On the upside, if this happens your order will be processed correctly because it will be done by robots. 

To be fair, you are holding folks at the store accountable for what the marketing folks put on TV. But I'll bet that sandwich was delicious. 

To be fair, you are holding folks at the store accountable for what the marketing folks put on TV. But I'll bet that sandwich was delicious.

Some people might be surprised how time they spend building those TV commercial sandwiches. Spritzing lettuce with vaporizers to make it look wet and fresh, calipers to measure tomato slices, phDs in Geometry arranging things on the bun to make it look thicker, etc.

It's a scam

Or sometimes even if he didn't have one. When it comes to gun stories, the chasm between the truth and the story might as well be the Grand Canyon. 

You hit the nail on the head. They want to be PAID $15/hour, not EARN it. 

On the upside, if this happens your order will be processed correctly because it will be done by robots. 

Yes, they were both delicious and as far as the spit mentioned above I could see every move the manager made right up to his writing the note so no spit involved. As far as losing the sleep, my learning I have diabetes type 2 disqualified me from eating there again anyway so didn't lose any sleep over it as much as finding out about the DBT2 did....................... :ugh:

Some people might be surprised how time they spend building those TV commercial sandwiches. Spritzing lettuce with vaporizers to make it look wet and fresh, calipers to measure tomato slices, phDs in Geometry arranging things on the bun to make it look thicker, etc.

It's a scam

I've seen a video of how it's done. French fries are hand picked and stuck into styrofoam to make them stand up straight. The hamburger patties are split so they can fan them out to make them pour out of the bun. The smoke trails are water mixed with dry ice, placed with an eye dropper.

The biggest exaggeration in marketing is Hardee's actual customers vs the chicks in the commercials.

they just know how to get over weight males to buy sandwiches. I never expect one of the commercial girls to be in Hardee's but then again I never really buy anything at Hardee's either...

I have yet to meet a guy who didnt like the commercials tho  :stunned: