Boy Scout Trailer - STOLEN - BOLO

Guest pjblurton

Guest pjblurton

I work with a Boy Scout Troop here in Memphis. Their trailer was stolen Friday night while parked at the church that charters us. It was locked up with a cut "resistant" cable which was cut clean with a very powerful tool.

Any way, I doubt very seriously that the trailer is anywhere near Memphis right now, and with this being a statewide board, maybe some of you guys might see it.

These kids worked very hard for several years to earn the money to buy this trailer and the gear inside it. Our best estimate right now is over $11,000 worth of camping gear was inside the trailer! Not to mention the cost of the trailer itself.

Here is an article from WREG in Memphis:

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?s=9245096

Picks of the trailer are in the article.

If you know anything about the stolen trailer you are urged to call Bartlett Crime Stoppers at (901)385-5550.

It is a Dark Green 2001 CargoMate 7'x14' tandem axle trailer. The name of the Troop (27) and the BSA logo is on the side along with the name of the Chartered Org (Decatur Trinity christian Church)

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is starting to happen a lot more often. Someone stole a trailer from the Sevier food pantry a few months ago. It actually turned out well for them though. After the story hit the paper, the public donated two trailers to them. Sorry for your loss and hope things work out alright for the kids.

Guest pjblurton

Thanks for the kind words guys. I think this will work out as well.

The insurance will replace most of what was taken with new equipment and the boys learn first hand how theft affects other people.

Ya know, I've been trying to think how I can say what I think about some POS that would steal from the BSA, but, I can't think of anything that wouldn't get me banned. The only way to sink lower would be to steal from the GSA.:rock::mad::mad::mad:

This happened to my troop several summers ago. They caught the guy selling the stuff at a flea market in Georgia or Florida. The worst was, the patrol flags the boys had made and the troop flag with camporee ribbons for almost fifty years probably ended up in a dumpster somewhere. :bow:

I hope you do recover your trailer and the items that are truly irreplaceable.

When I was in scouts we had at our peak about 50 boys. The church that sponsored us gave us a storage room inside. It was cramped but with the shelving and strategic planing everything had its place. The only thing that was too big to store in there was 8 large Klondike type sleds that were used for our "Polar Bear Camporee" every February.