Shipping Problem... Come on in

I had mentioned to my fiance a week or 2 ago I was considering some XS Big Dots for my new Shield. Unbeknownst to me she placed an order for them on the 15th. Well today she got a confirmation that they had been delivered by USPS and were left in our box. She checked it and got the regular bills and junk but there was no package. She called USPS customer service and they just told her it was delivered between 12 and 3 today. I am wondering if anyone stole them...? She said she ordered them from Midway. I am just wondering what would happen in this case. Would USPS be liable? Will I ever see my sights? I am hoping the similar adress a few roads over received them and put them back in their box to be sent to me. I would go check with them but it is obviously too late tonight. Anyone ever been in this situation?
I did one time. the driver happened to still be in my neighborhood after I got the notification and left work to come home on lunch. No package led me to track him down. He'd "scanned all the larger packages when he got to the neighborhood" but hadn't made it to my house yet. Seemed semi logical until he repeated several times "I wasn't trying to do anything wrong, is that okay?". Of course he could have been 100% honest and trying to appease the big bearded guy who stopped his truck in the middle of the road and jumped out with irritated look on his face. Of course I wasn't mad at him, I thought someone may have stolen it.
Anyway, drove off with the package and done.
Hope you get your situation worked out.
  • Like 1
She is a little upset which is understandable. She says she wishes she would have used Amazon. I know Midway is a good company and have ordered from them before and I know they are not at fault at all since USPS said they were delivered. I have heard you can get in touch with the shipper so they can "investigate". Midway woukd probably replace them but I would feel guilty letting them do so since they did their job. I just hope they find their way here.
Call your local post office and ask to speak to the delivery supervisor for your zip code. They can look up your delivery scan on the computer and find out who delivered it and what time it was delivered. Normally they will then go to that person and ask them what happened to your parcel.
  • Like 2

I am afraid USPS will not be much help. I had the same situation happen. Tracking showed package left in my mailbox. No package there. Problem was this package was a pistol. I went to the Post Office and was told it showed delivered. Carrier did not remember one way or the other. I reported it to the Police Dept. even though I had no hope of ever seeing the gun again. Three days later a detective showed up with my gun. My address was North Tenn Ave and the letter carrier had delivered it to the same house number on Tenn Ave without the NORTH. The Detective figured it out and advised the people at the address that if the gun was found there would be no problem but anyone caught with it later would be arrested. They coughed up the gun.

• Like 3

In my area, this pass week two people convicted of stealing from mailboxes.  They only got 6 mos!!!  Plus, read another story people are just driving through neighborhoods looking for boxes on the porch, sticking out of mailboxes, etc.  Its a windfall for those ahole thieves! 

Hmmmm. Somewhat similar issue here. I've been waiting on a few small items from Amazon.

Their tracking info says it was received at the Nashville PO distribution center, then to my local PO, then "out for delivery".

That was Thursday, the 18th. Still no package. I realize it's a very busy time for the PO and its carriers, but I think a visit might be in order tomorrow morning.

Just found it! Just out of curiosity we got out and drove past the other house with the same adress a mile away and sure enough their flag was up. We saw a car in their driveway idling so we stopped and I went up and asked and sure enough she said yep there is something in there that wasn't mine so we all walked over and looked and it was it. Thankful it turned out ok. I am still gonna call the PO and report this because it happens way too often. We return mail to them all the time but have never met those neighbors but I feel good in knowing that they know who we are now. She said if it happened again she would just deliver it to us and I said likewise for her. aad2a20b882c89f9b6253a32972f5b04.jpg

• Like 6

I had a problem with Midway and them using UPS SurePost (sounds like how your's was "delivered").  UPS delivered to USPS and everyday the tracking just kept showing it would be delivered the next day. I kept taking screen shots of it.

On the day of the expected delivery, when it said the same thing, I called midway.  The response was to wait and see if it was delivered, then I produced the screen shots of the last 4 days.  Midway re-shipped my order by UPS overnight.  Said if my original order ever showed up to do a return to sender. I've not seen that order.  Funny thing, doubt anyone would have wanted it as it was just some .25-20 caliber stuff.

• Like 1

I had a problem with Midway and them using UPS SurePost (sounds like how your's was "delivered"). UPS delivered to USPS and everyday the tracking just kept showing it would be delivered the next day. I kept taking screen shots of it.

On the day of the expected delivery, when it said the same thing, I called midway. The response was to wait and see if it was delivered, then I produced the screen shots of the last 4 days. Midway re-shipped my order by UPS overnight. Said if my original order ever showed up to do a return to sender. I've not seen that order. Funny thing, doubt anyone would have wanted it as it was just some .25-20 caliber stuff.

Sounds the same. She said it originally shipped UPS then went to the post office.

I hate UPS sure-post.  I had a similar experience with something a month or so ago.  It showed UPS delivered to the USPS, and then the next day (Friday) delivered.  Nothing.  Then it shows up on Tuesday of the next week.  What really surprised me was that it was an Amazon package.  Granted, you can't select which way it comes on Amazon, but that was the first time I had ever had a package come sure-post from them.  When I order from Midway, I will always pay the three extra dollars or whatever it is for UPS to deliver it.

• Like 2

I can only remember one time ordering something and not getting it. It was a knife from Smoky Mountain Knife Works.When I called to inquire about it, they asked no questions and shipped another immediately. I was somewhat surprised at this, because no doubt they sent the first one. It just never got to me.

• Like 1

I hate UPS sure-post.  I had a similar experience with something a month or so ago.  It showed UPS delivered to the USPS, and then the next day (Friday) delivered.  Nothing.  Then it shows up on Tuesday of the next week.  What really surprised me was that it was an Amazon package.  Granted, you can't select which way it comes on Amazon, but that was the first time I had ever had a package come sure-post from them.  When I order from Midway, I will always pay the three extra dollars or whatever it is for UPS to deliver it.

Yes, I wasn't aware that this happened until last week when I went to my local PO. While standing in line, a UPS truck pulled up outside.

My first thought was what the heck is this. Then the UPS drive came inside and left a cart full of smaller packages.

I was rather surprised at it. Edited by hipower
Be sure to call and report the misdelivery problems to duplicate numbers. The carrier will be informed of it. A large part of the problem is the post office replacing full time carriers with part time employees to save money.
  • Like 1

Yes, I wasn't aware that this happened until last week when I went to my local PO. While standing in line, a UPS truck pulled up outside.

My first thought was what the heck is this. Then the UPS drive came inside and left a cart full of smaller packages.

I was rather surprised at it.

Oddly enough, I think the opposite happens as well.  USPS delivering UPS parcels.  Pretty sure I've seen it.

I don't spend the money for express shipping anymore. Our mail carrier won't knock on the door, so anything that is too big to go in our box gets a note stuck to my door that I can just pick it up the next day at the office.

We have filed three complaints this year alone, I am always home when the mail runs. The carrier doesn't knock. She claims she does, the PO won't do anything about it regardless of the complaints I have filed.

It just means I get to add a couple more days to any shipping.

And UPS Sure Post is how most of the packages wind up there, I do most of my shopping through Amazon. It infuriates me, as the UPS driver actually knocks.

Migratory- who have you complained to? The local office or district? If you have complained locally only, you need to go higher. If you call the 800# or do an online complaint, a record of the complaint is made, transmitted to the local office, complaint is investigated and the investigating supervisor must file a written statement to district office. They really don't like having to do that. If you need more help pm me, I just retired after 25 years of putting mail in boxes.