Rant - so frustrated w/ Titans...

Peace

I watched Titans on 2 tonight (was cooking dinner and couldn't find the remote...) and heard Whisenhunt say that they're on their 8th tackle. Holy crap! Usually you have 2 with a 3rd that might play a little.

Clipboard Jesus had better not get hurt out there. This is our new backup QB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Palmer

Yep, you saw that right. Our backup has 0 TDs, 2 INTs, a whopping 59 yards passing and a Fantasy Football worthy 34.4 passer rating.

Edited by monkeylizard

I watched Titans on 2 tonight (was cooking dinner and couldn't find the remote...) and heard Whisenhunt say that they're on their 8th tackle. Holy crap! Usually you have 2 with a 3rd that might play a little.

Clipboard Jesus had better not get hurt out there. This is our new backup QB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Palmer

Yep, you saw that right. Our backup has 0 TDs, 2 INTs, a whopping 59 yards passing and a Fantasy Football worthy 34.4 passer rating.

Well...at least he is well traveled. lol

My biggest frustration with the Titans is the NFL broadcast rules.  When they play, I can't see any other game unless I get Direct TV.  You would think with the focus on fantasy football nowadays, they NFL would break that stupid rule. 

I refuse to watch a Titans game, unless I have an interest in the other team.  They're just not a good team to watch.

As far as relocation, I'd hate to see it happen, but in this world of sports fan-atics; I'd never count it out.

The Titans are staying put.  As long as people keep paying to fill up LP field, just to watch the Titans play like ass, they will stay in Nashville.

I don't know the terms of the Titans current deal with LP field, but the only teams the NFL are considering moving to LA have stadium issues.  Of course, the NFL wants public financing to help foot the bill for a new LA stadium.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/15/sports/football/with-no-stadium-on-horizon-chances-dim-for-a-move-to-los-angeles-in-2015-.html?_r=0

Edited by btq96r

How about Cutler as their new QB?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000446543/article/tennessee-titans-prepping-for-possible-jay-cutler-deal

IMHO this would be stupid.  Cutler is pathetic and has a flippant attitude.  Why not develop Mettenberger or go after Mariota (if eligible)?

If the Titans deal for Cutler, and the massive contract he comes with, they deserve all the misery that move would bring. 

I'm not sold on Mariota being the real deal for the NFL, plus I think he goes to Tampa Bay at #1.  The Titan's would do best to get a good offensive lineman or linebacker that they can develop and keep around for a long time.Mettenberger is their best bet for next year and I think a full off-season with him as the starter would be good for his development.  Regardless, the Titans are in for another year of suck next year.  Just too much rebuilding to do all around. 

On the plus side, with them having played Thursday, I actually get to watch some good games today.  The NFL should consider ending the arcane broadcast rules that prohibit showing other games when the local team is playing.

Edited by btq96r

Seriously you guys? Cutler? Mariota? These are the Titans we're talking about here. We'll obviously draft Jameis Winston after he declares his intent to leave after 3 season with the Seminoles who beat every high-school team on the Atlantic coast, spend 2 years "developing him", get one half-decent season, then get 2 more where it will all be someone else's fault (read "injuries"), then trade him off to be a 3rd string QB in Philly. I think we've read this book before. All along the way the coaches will be picking him up from late night strip club jaunts, bailing him out of DUIs, and trying to smooth over the occasional domestic disturbance.

If the Titans have the opportunity to disappoint us, they will.