Black Rain Ordnance.

Caster

Man! They make some nice looking stuff. Local guy is a stocking dealer and I'm seriously considering a new build.
Think they're worth the price they demand? Their BCG's and barrels are very nice.

I'm looking at building a 'short range marksman' rifle'. Under 300 yards. He has a NICE 18" bull barrel with a mid length gas and an 8 twist. I'd RATHER have a 9 twist or even slower, but finding one in 18" Stainless, bull barrel configuration is a joke. Everyone is so convinced they need uber fast twists that the market is saturated with it.
Very few rifle length gas systems out there anymore. Seems like everything I ever take a notion to get into is obscure and backwards. Edited by Caster
  • Like 1
The way things are these days, don't settle. Get the specs you want because odds are the option exists if you are patient enough.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/arbarrel18stainlessspiralfluted1in9heavybarrel

Here's an 18" heavy barrel with 1/9" twist, spiral fluting, mid length gas and I'd bet 233 Wylde chambering as my other barrels from them also listed 223/5.56 but are marked Wylde in the barrels themselves. Not bad for the $110.00 they're going for. If shiny stainless is a no go they probably have it parkerized too for a few bucks less.

I realize that for some there may be a "world of difference" in their high end name barrel and these, but so far I've got no complaints on them.
  • Like 1

The way things are these days, don't settle. Get the specs you want because odds are the option exists if you are patient enough.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/arbarrel18stainlessspiralfluted1in9heavybarrel

Here's an 18" heavy barrel with 1/9" twist, spiral fluting, mid length gas and I'd bet 233 Wylde chambering as my other barrels from them also listed 223/5.56 but are marked Wylde in the barrels themselves. Not bad for the $110.00 they're going for. If shiny stainless is a no go they probably have it parkerized too for a few bucks less.

I realize that for some there may be a "world of difference" in their high end name barrel and these, but so far I've got no complaints on them

Bear Creek Arsenal is who makes those. ;)

• Like 1

Bear Creek Arsenal is who makes those. ;)

Actually made by "US Contractor" according to the website. Either way they seem like great options for us mere mortals. Doing more digging it looks like their AR stuff (Classic) had its fair share of issues at one point. The general consensus seems to be that the current offerings are G2G though, and again I've been very pleased with mine. Now I need another AR like another hole in my head, but when the bug bites next I'll most likely grab another Classic Arms barrel for that build too.