Fancy new gun clubs popping up around the US

Raoul

I'm a member of Nashville Armory and I love it. Decent gun prices, knowledgeable staff, good ammo prices compared to other local places.

Also, it's heavily supervised. If there was a problem with a guest it would be taken care of very quickly.

Free coffee and a place to chill is a plus if I'm waiting for my lane appointment. Also, it's 5 minutes from me.

With so many people into guns these days, they need a place to shoot.  A nice place like Buds in Sevierville, but nestled in areas like golf courses are needed in more populated areas.  Sporting clays courses and the the club house they have are sometimes similar too golf courses.   I do think these are the way of the future.

Edited by Runco

I think uselton had that vision for his place on a smaller scale.
I'd love to see the elite down in the hole at gun city or n range lol.

Have you been in there since Everything Weapons bought it? I'm wondering if it's better/worse than before.

I'm guessing these "five star" ranges don't allow drawing from a holster or any "rapid fire" regardless of how well you are actually shooting.  Most indoor ranges that I have visited are run by people who have zero affiliation with actual shooting sports and just want to cash in on supermarket magazine reading "shooters."

I'm guessing these "five star" ranges don't allow drawing from a holster or any "rapid fire" regardless of how well you are actually shooting. Most indoor ranges that I have visited are run by people who have zero affiliation with actual shooting sports and just want to cash in on supermarket magazine reading "shooters."

Kind of the point isn't it? I mean indoor ranges are expensive to run, the goal is to make money. Edited by satalac
  • Like 1

I'm guessing these "five star" ranges don't allow drawing from a holster or any "rapid fire" regardless of how well you are actually shooting.  Most indoor ranges that I have visited are run by people who have zero affiliation with actual shooting sports and just want to cash in on supermarket magazine reading "shooters."

Shooting with the general public can be exciting enough as it is, I'm personally glad that most ranges won't let John Q Public practice yanking their gats out of their clipped on uncle Mikes with me and my family in the next lane. "Rapid fire" rules do suck for those of us who are capable of both walking AND talking at the same time, but it is what it is.
  • Like 3

Ranges and clubs like those are designed to show off your money is all they are for.  I enjoy my small range where I shoot. is never crowded except on days when they have classes and I just don't go on those days. I have another local range I want to try out soon and probably will after the holidays are all over with. That is like a tennis court in West Nashville to is more than adequate to play tennis in but you will find al of your Brentwood and Belle Meade tennis players at the Brentwood Racket Club to flaunt their money............jmho 

Ranges and clubs like those are designed to show off your money is all they are for.  I enjoy my small range where I shoot. is never crowded except on days when they have classes and I just don't go on those days. I have another local range I want to try out soon and probably will after the holidays are all over with. That is like a tennis court in West Nashville to is more than adequate to play tennis in but you will find al of your Brentwood and Belle Meade tennis players at the Brentwood Racket Club to flaunt their money............jmho 

That is so true. Where I live and work I have like over 10 ranges that I can go to between the two places but I prefer the lower cost range if all I am going to do is practice. I was looking into the Nashville Armory but when I seen the price for me and my family to have a membership I turned around and went and found a place for half the price and the owners know us now and give us a heads up if they are having any deals and we got a renewal for our membership with a significant discount. JMHO

Glitter and mini skirts are nice but I believe eagle eye and strategic edge put a lot of hi rent ranges in the dust the more I think about it. Having distance, steel, and equipment to really practice is huge. The nice places may be fun for a date or family stuff but I guess there has to be a place for bigger boys w high dollar toys and a place for the rest of us troops to hose it down. Edited by Dustbuster