I 24 shut down by protestors

Dustbuster

Right now. Why won't THP round them up like they did w the last group that camped out down town?? The downtown folks didn't stop commerce or lay on a public roadway.
Am So sick of non productive crap by douchebags in batman shirts that don't have a job to be at in the morning. Per Ron White, u can't fix stupid.....
  • Like 4
Told my wife I was fixin to ride down there with my hose pipe and screw it into a spigot on the side of one of them buildings and just stand there and spray people.

I have an easy fix for i24 though: Open the road.
I've worked out in the road a long time, traffic is somewhat decent at dodging you while not slowing down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They impeded traffic on a federally funded interstate highway. Pls Lock their asses up for a week under patriot act crap page 373829 chapter 47
If a semi driver bulldozed his way through with someone hanging on to his bumper I'd watch.its ok for the turds to steal from others to make a point arghhhh
  • Like 1

They impeded traffic on a federally funded interstate highway. Pls Lock their asses up for a week under patriot act crap page 373829 chapter 47
If a semi driver bulldozed his way through with someone hanging on to his bumper I'd watch.its ok for the turds to steal from others to make a point arghhhh

The Patriot Act...hope you're joking.  We need a lot less of that beacon of anti-freedom.  I'm surprised nobody in the government has tried to coral them into a "free speech zone."  Legally, they are in the wrong for being out on the highway, but the place, and the timing was to get them on the news for free media to promote their cause.  The way government tires to regulate dissent through things like the Patriot Act and local laws is shameful at times. 

As long as they stay peaceful, I think it's in the public interest to let them go on.  Someday that might be us out there protesting gun control laws or something else we would get worked up over.

• Like 3

^^ yes, this.  sometimes it is more wise (and much more cost effective) to give a little - especially if larger objectives are not compromised (i.e., peace, justice, freedom).

If I'm the mayor, I'm telling the Police chief to make sure protestors have a safe night.

If I'm the police chief, I'm telling the protestors, "I support your right to protest, let me know how I can help you, and there is no way that I can allow you to break the law... including laying down in the interstate.  I get that you are making a statement, lets work it out where you get to make a statement, and I don't have to arrest you."

In the end, if cost the city a lot less just to let it play out.

I'm being sarcastic, but all in all ,protest,ok,block my interstate no. Refuse to leave and continue to disrupt commerce, move or,go to jail. What if an emergency responder sat w someone dying inside their ambulance, or if someone did die over the goofballs blockade? Who will bring the nice cat d9 dozer I wanna use in MY protest to run urban renewal efforts to support peace.....

Whats funny is no one really gives a rats ass over the protest. Batman and Spider-Man supporters need to get an education and a job and run for a lawmakers office or other position, to make change, instead of blocking a street,looting,and burning shit down. It like watching asses on Facebook begging for likes to protest anything. If you want to take part In a decision, be part of a decision making process instead of resorting to standing on an interstate being a nuisance.

If a peaceful protest makes you feel good. Go. Don't hold me up or shove it in my face....

Blah rant mode off,time to go break glass and set fires cause it's the last season of SOA... Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1

Since the range rover vs.motorcyclists incident in NY I've moved to carrying a spare AR and a dozen mags in my primary vehicle just in case. The more videos I see of "protesters" surrounding and beating on vehicles traveling along public roadways the more I fear I might actually someday need it.

• Like 3
  • Administrator

Pro Safety Tip, folks... if you find yourself in the middle of an attack like this, the gas pedal is on the right.  Put distance between yourself and the threat, immediately.  Don't pussyfoot through it hoping they're going to stop attacking you.  They aren't.

• Like 6

Yeah, you watch that SUV/Motor cylce video and the first time he puts that helmet through my windsheild shots are being fired. I doubt I would have stopped anyways, 4X4 F150 with off road tires, pretty sure I'm just rolling over everything I can. Especially with the wife and 1 year old in the truck.

Edited by XxthejuicexX
  • Like 1
Guest kingarmory

Pro Safety Tip, folks... if you find yourself in the middle of an attack like this, the gas pedal is on the right.  Put distance between yourself and the threat, immediately.  Don't pussyfoot through it hoping they're going to stop attacking you.  They aren't.

And just like when off-roading if you get stuck in the mud, rocking the vehicle forward and back by going from reverse to drive can sometimes get ya back on the pavement :devil: