Are SEC football games this bad or is it me?

Will Carry

I went to an ACC football game this week Duke vs UNC. Two football powerhouses :waiting:  facing off on the grid iron. Has the SEC stooped to this low?

"I guess Football just isn't exiting enough for todays soave and sophisticated crowd. Now they have to blast rap music over the loud speakers whenever the ball is not in play. Am I the only one who is annoyed by this? I first noticed this at a Hurricane's hockey game. Hockey cannot stand on it's own merit so we are going to dazzle you with bright lights and blast you with a fog horn until your ears bleed! People today seem to need a constant barrage of dazzling lights and noise to make themselves feel whole. If you took one Turkey hunting where they had to sit still of a few hours, their heads would exploded!
When I go to a football game I want to study the game, analyze the offensive and defensive lines, study the backfield, critique the linebackers. I DON'T WANT TO BE BLASTED WITH RAP MUSIC! It's like a football game is a big party that keeps getting interrupted by.......a football game."

Edited by Will Carry

Yes.  Studies have shown most fans have ADHD so the lights and music entertain them. :hyper:

Actually, I have no idea why other than maybe they don't want there to be a dull moment.

The only time I analyze and study is when I'm playing the ponies. -_-

I don't recall loud rap music at Vanderbilt games. I haven't been this year, however. I don't imagine you could hear it over the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

LMAO

In reality there would never be enough Vandy fans there to even need to play any music very loudly
  • Like 3
UT plays Rock, Rap, and Bro Country. I'm not annoyed by it, it's just marketing like any other. When the tastes of young people change so will the music. I made the statement to my buddy at the game yesterday, that I wonder how long until the band is phased out. No one listens. I'm all for keeping it but it seems like it will fade over time. UT's last band director left because he was in conflict with the Athletic Dept over how much stereo music is played vs Band Playing.

The best sporting venue in the country is in my rocker recliner, game on the big screen, volume muted. 

They keep the 'music' subdued on TV, so we can hear the bored commentators telling war stories about a different sport.  It's obvious that they believe people are tuned in to see and hear them, not the game.

Like most other things wrong with collegiate and high school football, it's a trickle down effect of the NFL ...

at one of my then ten year old grandsons football games the opposing team had a fan with a boom box playing music during stoppages of play.   They also played in a tournament and music was played over the stadium PA during breaks.

Lots of players on all teams also wore pink accessories during October too.

Definitely a NFL trickle down.