New Taurus Curve

Handsome Rob

If it was super comfortable to carry and functioned well I may be interested in one regardless of how it looks.  I have some pretty guns and I have some functional guns.  For a gun that will stayed hidden 100% of the time I could care less what it looks like.  That's why I own Glocks.   I will never see the point of adding a laser and/or light on a pocket sized .380 though and that alone would turn me off to it as it did the Bodygaurd.

I think the laser may actually appeal to certain women who may not be comfortable with their shooting skills (not that women can't shoot as well as men but they frequently lack some of the confidence) and the light is ideal for finding crap in the bottom of their purse ;)

From a guy who carries a 4" XD IWB, what is the point. I can't imagine that there is anywhere I need to go that I have to be so concealed that I need a curved gun. I am out on this one. When they go down to$100 I might get one for wife as a novelty gift(ghetto butt.)

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, it's only the plastics so in theory, they can hit a couple of programs on their CAD software and knock out a mold for a left-handed version also.

The magazine looks like it's probably straight to me.

Would you also need left handed mags?

Neat concept, who's going to be the first to post a review?
  • Admin Team

I'm not convinced this is anything but vaporware.  Their spec sheet talks about a manual safety, but heck if I see one in any of the pictures.  And, how do you activate the light and laser?  Am I missing the button?  Maybe it's Crimson Trace-ish under that grip pad?  Do you activate the lights and the laser? 

I'm not convinced this is anything but vaporware.  Their spec sheet talks about a manual safety, but heck if I see one in any of the pictures.  And, how do you activate the light and laser?  Am I missing the button?  Maybe it's Crimson Trace-ish under that grip pad?  Do you activate the lights and the laser? 

The spec sheet only discusses a mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator.  I assume the headlights & laser beam are activated using the big switch on the left side in front of the trigger.

• Admin Team

The spec sheet only discusses a mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator.  I assume the headlights & laser beam are activated using the big switch on the left side in front of the trigger.

Here's the page I'm referring to:  http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=901&category=Pistol  Notice the two pictures.  The big one up top doesn't match up with the one where they're inserting the "Taurus Security System" key.

When the Security System is engaged, the pistol cannot be fired or cocked and the gun's manual safety cannot be disengaged.

You may be right about the button.  I was assuming that the oblong one directly in front was the mag release.  Maybe that round spot above is an activation button?

• Admin Team

Actually th big round thing under where it says curve on the slide shows 2 positions in their photos. Indented in one and bulging out in another. Looks like a switch to me.

I think you're right.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't mean to sound so down on this pistol.  I'm just not sure it's fully baked.

Maybe that's the firearms industry at large these days, though.

You may be right about the button.  I was assuming that the oblong one directly in front was the mag release.  Maybe that round spot above is an activation button?

Where is this mag release you speak of?  :lol:

I wish y'all would quit making me look at pictures of this thing.  It's mildly disturbing.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

You naysayers just wait.  American Rifleman will review this thing and it will be the most awesome gun they've ever reviewed since last month's most awesome gun they've ever reviewed.

They're not going to have space to review it. Elections are less than two years out.
  • Like 2