New Taurus Curve

Handsome Rob

• Admin Team

There's a lot of stuff going on here.  I'm all for good innovation, but this strikes me as simply too much for Taurus to pull off reliably. 

The design doesn't do much for me.  Looks like someone left their plastic gun too close to the fire.

I wish they had posted a picture of the magazine.  Mag changes must be wonky...

As much as I dislike Taurus, and the fact that the gun is a non-starter for me, I appreciate all the thought and engineering that has gone into it. That's the first barrel I've ever seen like that. And who needs sights in a micro pocket pistol anyways?

Like I said, I'll never buy one, but it definitely will be a gun with a purpose for many. Let's just hope it works. (R51)

First thing that comes to my mind is NFA AOW. Is this not substantially similar to the wallet holsters that magically make a normal gun an AOW?

I was wondering the same thing. It sure does have more than a passing resemblance to the wallet holsters. I suppose since it's all integrated then it's OK?

On the up side, it doesn't have GRIPZONE embossed on it.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 3

First thing that comes to my mind is NFA AOW. Is this not substantially similar to the wallet holsters that magically make a normal gun an AOW?

I don't see it. This is a square blocky design sure, but those were and are blatant attempts at disguising a gun as something else, this just happens to be squarish.

I don't think this is something I'm interested in, but kudos to Taurus for breaking the mold anyway instead of adding one more section of rail to a 1911 and calling it a new gun.
  • Like 2

If/when they make one in 9mm, I would really consider it.

This...possibly.

First off, I like Taurus products. I still own several from the days when that was all I could afford to buy.

But lots of things here to consider. Another 380. Just what we need right now. Odd shape and looks. At least a competitor for Hipoints' throne of shame.

And as Mac said, the mag could be an issue.

All in all, was the R&D Dept. on crack??

I was wondering the same thing. It sure does have more than a passing resemblance to the wallet holsters. I suppose since it's all integrated then it's OK?

On the up side, it doesn't have GRIPZONE embossed on it.

LOLOLOL :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  

• Like 1

There's a lot of stuff going on here. I'm all for good innovation, but this strikes me as simply too much for Taurus to pull off reliably.

The design doesn't do much for me. Looks like someone left their plastic gun too close to the fire.

I wish they had posted a picture of the magazine. Mag changes must be wonky...

Looks like the magazine is straight but bears to one side of the curve. Seems like it would still be really thin in some areas though.

Yet another kick in the crotch for left handed people everywhere.

Meh, it's only the plastics so in theory, they can hit a couple of programs on their CAD software and knock out a mold for a left-handed version also.

The magazine looks like it's probably straight to me.

I hope they were smart enough to counterbore that barrel. If not, it'll never hit anything. Even if it is, it's still not going to be perfectly stabile. Chopping the muzzle like that was stupid.

That's the "curve" part. The bullet curves upwards as it exits the barrel.

(In seriousness, I'm sure it's all accounted for) Edited by tnguy
  • Admin Team

The links below have much better pictures of what it really looks like.  Has a normal muzzle and clip.  It even has headlights.

Taurus-Curve-180CRV-4.jpg

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/taurus-curve-380-pocketpurse-pistol-yes-gun-bent/

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=901&category=Pistol

And those pictures show the mag is in fact straight.  That's an interesting position for the mag release.  And, I guess it must be recessed more than a little bit to keep it from dropping the mag when you carry it in that Mexican carry style "holster" they've dreamed up.

The more I see of it, the more it doesn't fit a need I have.

They'll sell a bajillion of them, though.  We've got a lot of new gun owners that really like novelty.