Open Carry Dress Code.

Am I the only jackass curious what the hell "wardrobe reflects the current trends in the country music industry" is? You're not one of them fellers that wear the jeans with all them designs on the pockets are you? You know, like my wife wears?

In all seriousness, I don't really pay attention to what people are wearing, and my wardrobe certainly doesn't "reflect anything current". I dress presentable everywhere I go, so I never have to worry about wether I'm carrying or not. I DO however, notice what and how people are carrying. I guess some folks could do worse than carrying a Hipoint, like carrying a Kimber.
Seriously, I've seen Hipoints run better.

I reckon the most sentimental gun I own is a Hipoint. Wife got it for me for our first Christmas we were dating because she knew I was into guns. She didn't have a clue what she had bought, only that it was a 9mm. She has since learned a great deal about firearms, and I will never sell that Hipoint Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

Am I the only jackass curious what the hell "wardrobe reflects the current trends in the country music industry" is? You're not one of them fellers that wear the jeans with all them designs on the pockets are you? You know, like my wife wears?

In all seriousness, I don't really pay attention to what people are wearing, and my wardrobe certainly doesn't "reflect anything current". I dress presentable everywhere I go, so I never have to worry about wether I'm carrying or not. I DO however, notice what and how people are carrying. I guess some folks could do worse than carrying a Hipoint, like carrying a Kimber.
Seriously, I've seen Hipoints run better.

I reckon the most sentimental gun I own is a Hipoint. Wife got it for me for our first Christmas we were dating because she knew I was into guns. She didn't have a clue what she had bought, only that it was a 9mm. She has since learned a great deal about firearms, and I will never sell that Hipoint

Jesus fucking Christ, can a moderator delete this thread? I don't know how many times I have to say that this entire thread is meant for humor.

I already told all of you I dress like Taylor Swift.

Remind me to never make a humorous thread again.

Jesus ####ing Christ, can a moderator delete this thread? I don't know how many times I have to say that this entire thread is meant for humor.

Settle down there, Taylor :). The Kimber guys will be along any minute. You're just gonna have to start seeing the humor in folks getting butt hurt 'cause you disrespected their chosen firearm.

Let's leave the open vs concealed debate for another thread.

That being said, why does it feel like the normal dress code options for open carriers fall into the following three categories?

1) Tacticool. Too many ventures into the Grip Zone and one too many Mountain Dew Code Reds with their Call of Duty.

2) Denim shorts and beater. Often with either a Hi Point or a Taurus in a Fobus.

3) Nerdy "dress to impress" collared shirt, tucked in, clean Super Cuts hairstyle, and Khaki shorts.

Now, I know I'm making some harsh generalizations here, but here in Tennessee this is what I've seen.

I open carry often, but God help me if I'm going to tuck my damn shirt in or dress like a douche canoe to make the public view me as some sort of safe Napoleon Dynamite perusing the aisles of Kroger with my nunchucks. I like to think I'm stylish(and my wardrobe reflects the current trends in the country music industry)..

Maybe I'm way off base here. Or maybe I'm just an a*shole.

Do you open carry at the beach?

• Administrator

Folks like you are just jealous of my 5.11 pants with drop leg holster, and my Walter Sobchek vest.  I know that I'm better prepared than any of you sheep.  You sound like the type of hater that talks smack about my back up throwing knives I keep on my belt.

Is it a Cobra rigger's belt?

• Like 1

Jesus ####ing Christ, can a moderator delete this thread? I don't know how many times I have to say that this entire thread is meant for humor.

Sounds to me like your sarcasm meter is broken Taylor ;) Edited by KKing

You have no idea how hard I cried into my studded pre-ripped jeans that I paid $300 dollars for at Buckle.

Although, the waistband makes it super comfy for my hi point with a tactical light and compensator.

Atta boy, much better Edited by KKing

You have no idea how hard I cried into my studded pre-ripped jeans that I paid $300 dollars for at Buckle.

Although, the waistband makes it super comfy for my hi point with a tactical light and compensator.

are the studs shiny?  If one falls off, can I have it?  I'll send a pre-labeled one-rate box & some bubble wrap. 

It'll make a great Christmas present to myself.

Do you look like Taylor Swift??? Cuase ya know.

Gay out of the way

I don't know a lot. But, I do know that anybody that open caries a Hi Point should probably be kicked in the balls.

Usually the antis would give someone a bunch of crap if they see them open carrying a handgun but if they saw someone carrying a High Point all they would say is EEEWWWWWW. Or people would think they are a hair dresser carrying around their black hair dryer on their side. Might be a good way to get pity discounts at restaurants though.