From Ferguson to the U.N. ... "appeal for global intervention"

Peace

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/11/us/ferguson-brown-parents-u-n-/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Regardless of the circumstance, I can always feel empathy for a parent's loss.

Though: When someone dangles a carrot in front of you -enticing you to step forward and eat it, you should always ask yourself what the "dangler" intends to do with you... and the half-eaten carrot (you didn't think you were going to get the whole thing, did you?)

Discuss.... or don't. Edited by Peace
Guest kingarmory

Michael Brown's parents address U.N.: 'We need the world to know'

I'm pretty sure the world doesn't need to know about the American multi-generational welfare society and the entitlement mentality it breeds.  Maybe the American public should appeal to Michael Brown's parents to stop making little thugs.

I don’t feel empathy for them; they raised the thug. I doubt him robbing a store was a big surprise for them.

Asking the U.N. for help is laughable; they have zero control over us. But okay, let them go there. But make sure you show them the video of your thug azz son robbing and assaulting the store owner so they can roll their eyes and kick you out of the U.N.

I feel very sorry for the Officer involved; it’s terrible that he has to go through this because the thug he killed was black. Our President sending the Attorney General there to tell stories about how white cops harassed him as a young man is nothing but racist. I hope this cop is cleared and he finds a job as a Policer Officer in a place where they will support him when he does his job.
  • Like 7

Well, the loss of a son is a tragic situation period. They lost their son because he was shot. I lost my son because he lost control of his car on a gravel road and struck a huge Oak Tree on the shoulder of the road. Now thing is that Oak tree is the only big tree on the shoulder of that road for about a mile in either direction. Every thing else was saplings. When I got up the courage I drove down that road and the paint from my sons car was still embedded in that mighty Oak. I looked at that tree and pull a Chainsaw out of the bed of my truck and I was going to not let anyone else die because of that tree.

That mighty Oak still stands proud and strong and my younger son drives past it every day on his way to work and back home. I told him I thought about cutting that big Oak down once and he got a little smile on his face and said "you too huh?" He asked me why I didn't cut it down and I said because it was not the reason Doug Jr was dead. Fate played the biggest role in his accident from what a few witnesses said that heard the wreck happen. It would not be fair to blame that big beautiful Oak tree for my sons death, but it would have been easy enough to do. Instead their is a Marker on the tree and when it gets old and weathered a new one gets put up. Anyone that lived in Kingston Springs back them knows what the marker is for and those who don't probably wonder when they see it.

I just wish Michael Browns parents could see the 1 tree, the pillar of light that was once their son in a forest that surrounds them right now. Anger and contempt for the loss of their son is not going to bring their son back. They should celebrate their time they had with him. The longer they keep dragging this out the worse it will look for Michael and them. If the people riot and more people are hurt or killed that is on them and their son only because they cannot accept what is and move on to make this terrible situation better. They probably are not even aware that an entire community's future rests on every decision they make. All I can say is I hope they don't cut the oak tree down....................jmho

• Like 5
Bersa, thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss!
This situation in ferguson is beyond idiotic. Clearly pushed by pols and the accountability should be on them.

The
Left does think the UN has weight over us. Detroit water service and agenda 21 and the organizer thinks he's the worlds boy king.

China smacked him down yesterday and told him Hong Kong is the responsibility of China and not some 2 bit dictator. (I added a few words there)

Sad days in America!
  • Like 1

I'm somewhat amazed how these parents who couldn't be bothered to raise or discipline their children all of a sudden become super parents immediately following the untimely death of the same children. If they had put about 1/4 the effort into raising their child as they put into all the publicity and T shirts and banners, etc. after his death, he would probably be around today. Or at least there is that possibility. 

• Like 5

How sad - An appeal to a non US entity because they know the judicial system will not deliver the result they desire

Grand jury's hand down verdicts everyday someone does not like but that is what make our judicial system work and why America works. It is also why so many foreign Nations have followed by examples set down by our judicial system their own judicial systems. i guess they didn't even trust the man they voted and put in the White House and felt they had to even go over his head.  Problem with that is the U.N. is not over his head and they are to naive to see it.............jmho

I'm somewhat amazed how these parents who couldn't be bothered to raise or discipline their children all of a sudden become super parents immediately following the untimely death of the same children. If they had put about 1/4 the effort into raising their child as they put into all the publicity and T shirts and banners, etc. after his death, he would probably be around today. Or at least there is that possibility.

I doubt they care anymore about their kid now than they did when he was a thug in training. They are looking for a payday now.
  • Like 4