Gun laws in other countries

NextExit

Was looking thru gunpolicy.org checking out some other countries gun laws. (Yes, I'm bored :waiting: )

While no one else has the 2nd ammendment, some have fairly "decent" laws compared to some of our states.  Places like Columbia, Belize, Peru aren't too bad.  Open carry in Peru is allowed without a permit "with some restrictions." Try that in DC.  No character references required for a permit applicant in Belize compared to NY where the state police interview your references ("Do you trust your friend to own a gun?")

In fairness, even our most leftist states are better than places like France, U.K., Austrailia, New Zealand, etc. :usa:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Was looking thru gunpolicy.org checking out some other countries gun laws. (Yes, I'm bored :waiting: )
While no one else has the 2nd ammendment, some have fairly "decent" laws compared to some of our states. Places like Columbia, Belize, Peru aren't too bad. Open carry in Peru is allowed without a permit "with some restrictions." Try that in DC. No character references required for a permit applicant in Belize compared to NY where the state police interview your references ("Do you trust your friend to own a gun?")
In fairness, even our most leftist states are better than places like France, U.K., Austrailia, New Zealand, etc. :usa:

Years ago I bought a historical bayonet collection and sold them individually on eBay. I had one person from New Zealand purchase one or more. I found out that they were restricted for import into New Zealand. I contacted him about it and said it would be ok because he had a license. Said overall that it wasn't hard to get a license and that he could own many things that we could not here in the US.

Very nice guy!

I know this link has been seen before, but I like the ranking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

"The United States owns more guns per resident, at around 0.89, than any other nation in the world.

The U.S. has over 50% more firearms per capita than the next two highest nations,

Serbia and Yemen at about 0.55 and three times as many as major European countries such as France and Germany."

Need more blades of grass.