Real Cattle Rustling in Spring Hill!!!!

bersaguy

There was some cattle rustling  went on down in Spring Hill today.  Guys with a big white Trailer being towed by a Super Dually Pick up truck. Of course the people that saw the trailer could not tell them the make of the truck. I hate to say this but I think many folks have no clue about be up to date on anything any more. i bet a lot of people have to type their home address into their GPS units in their cars just to find their own way home...............I have got to where I am going out of my way to learn certain things about new cars so I would be able to actually identify one by name brand and color should I see a crime take place. Anyway someone is gonna be eating steaks pretty soon I would guess but might be hard to get it processed unless they do it themselves.....................jmho

Wow, that is some lowlife stuff!
Can you still hang someone for that?
People don't pay attention to crap! Look at the state of affairs here in the greatest land on earth, no one is doing anything about it.
I guess people will start to resort to actions of then1800's soon. Edited by Ugly

They are not stealing these animals to run through a slaughter house.  They will probably be driven a couple of hundred miles, split into smaller groups, and run through a sale barn within 48 hrs.  Unfortunately, there is really no efficient way to track stock like this. They obviously do not have microchips or any such device, and ear tags or sale stickers are not unique to just one animal.  I suspect the only way these folks will get caught is if they are caught in the act.  Me personally, I hope somebody shoots their ass.  Farmers work way too damn hard to have some jackass thief come take their property. 

Edited by dats82
  • Like 5

I would not mind it at all if a farmer with a good long range weapon could drop a couple of them in the pasture and then disable the truck with a round or two but he needs to take out the look out first cause you know they will have one with a cell phone. They had to cut locks on two gates to get into the pastures....................jmho

And to a lot of smaller farmers one cow can mean the difference between paying the bills or not.

This is also happening with horses too, just not as much because horses are free or super cheap on craigslist and I do not believe they sell for a lot.

I absolutely hate a thief and hate them more than a liar. I wish the penalty for thievery was much higher because it is the gateway crime that leads to other crimes. And most career criminals started out by steel.

cattle rustling and animal theft in general has become wide spread throughout the state
A would be thief can Profit more than operating a meth lab these days. There are not enough investigators around to investigate cattle theft. many animals are taken during the night and transported across state lines into other areas where there quickly sold w minimal fear of being apprehended
Tennessee Department of agriculture does not have enough investigators to handle all of the cattle theft cases. in addition to the agency constantly being out of money they do not have any type of solution for this problem.there are other things that go on along the line of cattle rustling that they can't investigate because they do not have enough manpower. Edited by Dustbuster

There used to be a day when this kind of crap got you shot, and the Sheriff was called to simply cart off the body.

Those days need to come back. I think to steal a mans cows is like stealing his money and should be dealt with in the same way if caught...................A bullet between the eyes to all of them and a phone call.

• Like 1