Papa Johns this weekend!!

bersaguy

What would you have him do?

Obviously he should have just given the family a million dollars, but I suppose living in a half billion dollar castle, that wouldn't be enough either.

Some folks amaze me. I don't know about most of you, but I know that I work in a 'Gun Free Workplace.' I suppose that means not only should I quit my job, we should all boycott the products of said company.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but grow up a little, please. 90% of businesses out there are 'Gun Free.' Right or wrong, do you wear clothing you made, from wool you harvested from sheep you raised? Because if you take a [i]true[/i] hardline approach, I have a feeling you will have a very empty home and a very hungry belly.

• Like 1

John Schnatter did a very nice thing by attending the funeral.  I don't care how rich you are, time is still very much out of your control.  With enough money, you can make the 24 hours in a day very efficient, but you cannot extend them or get more.  To give at least part of a day from the meticulously organized schedule of a CEO of a large company, on short notice, to support a grieving family deserves kudos.

As to the money spent covering the funeral, I'm indifferent.  To him, the cost is the equivalent of one of us buying the next round of drinks at a bar with a friend.  But like one of us buying the next round of drinks the thought and intent matters than the amount spent.  Maybe he just wanted to do a nice thing with no ulterior motive.  Maybe not.  Either way, the burden on the family is lessened, and that is a good thing in my view.

But, I don't see the need to buy a pizza from his business on a special day and time, though.  I get Papa John's when I'm in the mood for it.  A good deed should be its own reward and if Papa John did what he did for the right reasons, that should be enough.

Obviously he should have just given the family a million dollars, but I suppose living in a half billion dollar castle, that wouldn't be enough either.

Some folks amaze me. I don't know about most of you, but I know that I work in a 'Gun Free Workplace.' I suppose that means not only should I quit my job, we should all boycott the products of said company.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but grow up a little, please. 90% of businesses out there are 'Gun Free.' Right or wrong, do you wear clothing you made, from wool you harvested from sheep you raised? Because if you take a true hardline approach, I have a feeling you will have a very empty home and a very hungry belly.

Be amazed by your conjecture all that you want, but he could have had policies and procedures in place that provided his employees/associates with reasonable protection from incidents like this in the first place. Do you tend to see gun shops robbed like this? If not then what's the difference? Because they are armed? I doubt it because it's easy to take an individual by surprise whether they are armed or not. All one has to look to for proof of that is the number of armed guards taken out. It's not so easy to take multiple people by surprise particularly when they are in an environment requiring a heightened state of awareness. I'm saying this as someone who has worked at jobs that required this awareness, too. I now work at a well-known computer company that is also a gun-free zone, (not even security is armed), so if some madman comes in an kills me and the CEO pays for my funeral are you all going to run out and buy a new computer from him?

I wouldn't call for a boycott of their stores, but I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to reward them for this incident either even if I DID like their pizza. Don't get me wrong, I see his act as a kind one indeed, but I also question his motive - could it be feelings of guilt stemming from the knowledge that he could have done more to begin with? Paying for the funeral is nothing to this guy, personally: therefore, it doesn't impress me. Now if he made sure that this guy's family wanted for nothing for the rest of their lives then it's impressive to me.

EDIT: Correct typo

Edited by SWJewellTN

I can't take a question like that posted on a gun forum seriously.

Be amazed by your conjecture all that you want, but he could have had policies and procedures in place that provided his employees/associates with reasonable protection from incidents like this in the first place. Do you tend to see gun shops robbed like this? If not then what's the difference? Because they are armed? I doubt it because it's easy to take an individual by surprise whether they are armed or not. All one has to look to for proof of that is the numer of armed guards taken out. It's not so easy to take multiple people by surprise particularly when they are in an environment requiring a heightened state of awareness. I'm saying this as someone who has worked at jobs that required this awareness, too. I now work at a well-known computer company that is also a gun-free zone, (not even security is armed), so if some madman comes in an kills me and the CEO pays for my funeral are you all going to run out and buy a new computer from him?

I wouldn't call for a boycott of their stores, but I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to reward them for this incident either even if I DID like their pizza. Don't get me wrong, I see his act as a kind one indeed, but I also question his motive - could it be feelings of guilt stemming from the knowledge that he could have done more to begin with? Paying for the funeral is nothing to this guy, personally: therefore, it doesn't impress me. Now if he made sure that this guy's family wanted for nothing for the rest of their lives then it's impressive to me.

Taken seriously or not, looks like you answered. :rolleyes:

If that's how you feel then that's how you feel. Personally, I lay as much blame on Papa John as I do on the gun manufacture. None at all. There's only one person to blame for all this, and he's in police custody.
  • Like 3

Taken seriously or not, looks like you answered. :rolleyes:

If that's how you feel then that's how you feel. Personally, I lay as much blame on Papa John as I do on the gun manufacture. None at all. There's only one person to blame for all this, and he's in police custody.

Nope! You asked me what I would have him do; above I said that he could have done more to begin with. See the difference? :rolleyes:

Nope! You asked me what I would have him do; above I said that he could have done more to begin with. See the difference? :rolleyes:

Ah, I see now.

Well, I guess this conversation is about pointless then. You enjoy your dissstisfication, I'll enjoy my pizza. :)

Ordered some too.
Columbia PJ is now posted after the robbery/murder.

There are probably several idiots who believe that sign makes it safer now... and that nothing bad would have happened if the sign had been up earlier.  Those thugs would have seen the sign and went "awww shucks"  and left...

There are probably several idiots who believe that sign makes it safer now... and that nothing bad would have happened if the sign had been up earlier. Those thugs would have seen the sign and went "awww shucks" and left...

Yep, that little sign would have made the difference. I almost said something but was in a hurry. Edited by jonathon1289

Ordered some too.
Columbia PJ is now posted after the robbery/murder.

i read some where it was corporate policy, and I'm sure that was way before this murder happened... I know it was mentioned in 2011 when one of their delivery drivers emptied his revolver into an armed robber in Memphis ... not sure why it wasn't posted to begin with... http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/local-news/armed-pizza-delivery-man-shoots-would-be-robber  

Not sure if the CEO  John Schnatter goes to all of his slain employees funerals...

I would have sworn I made a post in this thread this morning about my Pizza but evidently not so will now. I have had better pizzas and this is my first from them Ordered a medium loaded and it had everything I wanted on it and they really believe in Cheese. I had to use my Pizza cutter 3 times to cut it and still ended up eating the slices I could get out with knife and fork. Taste better after I added some Pizza hut garlic sauce to it. Was much better cold from  fridge this morning with coffee. Was able to cut it and in would actually slice up. Won't be going out of my way to order from them again but not sorry I ordered this time. Was more for reason than Pizza..............JMHO

• Like 1

I would have sworn I made a post in this thread this morning about my Pizza but evidently not so will now. I have had better pizzas and this is my first from them Ordered a medium loaded and it had everything I wanted on it and they really believe in Cheese. I had to use my Pizza cutter 3 times to cut it and still ended up eating the slices I could get out with knife and fork. Taste better after I added some Pizza hut garlic sauce to it. Was much better cold from  fridge this morning with coffee. Was able to cut it and in would actually slice up. Won't be going out of my way to order from them again but not sorry I ordered this time. Was more for reason than Pizza..............JMHO

I'd say my experience was the about the same. It's good pizza, but the dominos is cheaper and closer. Still, it was good and I'm glad it tried the frito pizza, I might actually order that one again now that I think about it.

The only thing Papa John's makes that is better than Domino's is that big cookie.  It's so delicious, I swear, sometimes I order Papa John's just to get it.  But the rest of their food isn't worth the cost.  Their pizza is average at best, and their chicken is just bad.

If it wasn't for the student discount Papa John's offers for a large one topping pizza ($7.99 + tax and delivery), I doubt I would order from them at all.

Edited by btq96r
Forgot to mention the Gallatin Papa John's had a gun buster sign on the front door and as always I was carrying. I had to walk back to the car put the gun in the glove box and then walk back to the store to get the pizza. That is the last pizza I buy from them, unless they change this policy and remove the sign.