AR57 upper review (of sorts)

Guest jwp

We got in several of the new AR-57 uppers yesterday. I was curious if they would be more of the same "close but kind of flimsy" like the GSG-5 have been, but no, these things are built like tanks! The rail system is very solid, and makes for an interesting visual with the magazine parked on top.

The only real drawback is that they do not come with magazines.

The next step is to see how to get it to work with an M16 lower.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...The next step is to see how to get it to work with an M16 lower.

IMHO, that would be pretty much the only good reason to have one of these... full auto.

They did good by using P90 mags, instead of some proprietary bs. The next best thing would have been a small carbine which accepts the Five-seveN magazines, with the extensions to make 30rd. Maybe something like that in a platform similar to a KRISS...?

Seriously, if a few more manufacturers do something with this cartridge, it will certainly become more mainstream.

yeah thats pretty sweet......I can definitely see the usefulness in such a thing for "urban" shooting where you need a lot of ammo but dont want too much overpenetration.

If I hadnt already committed to selling all my 5.7x28 gear I would almost just sell the PS90 and buy an AR lower to go with that upper and keep everything else. I just really hate the way the PS90 recoils and shoots...it feels about as smooth as my $299 AK lol. I do however love a FiveSeven pistol and really am a fan of the 5.7x28 round.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
rants, raves, etc