Any x box 1 experts here?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now with them still being 'in demand' I don't think you will find much less than $400 as the going rate for new.

The best 'deal' is to wait for a bundle with a game. I picked up the 'Destiny Edition' of the PS4 which essentially got me the game for $20 off.

• Moderators

Also, the controllers themselves now allow AA's to be used without keeping up with that silly AA adapter. Instead of buying their "Play and Charge Kit", what I am doing is simply using my rechargeable Eneloops. They literally are the best rechargeable AA's I've ever used, period, no questions asked.

AA Eneloops w/ Charger

2100 cycle life and can be stored on the shelf and will still have 70% of their charge after 5 years. Since that kit comes with 4 you will always have enough to play. Or you can be like me and wish to own several dozens worth of the batteries because of how awesome they are.

A few weeks ago Microsoft was giving away ANY $60 game with purchase of console. I purchased the Madden 15 bundle and received Destiny for free, all for $400. I sold Madden and Destiny on Ebay so ended up paying roughly $330 for the console and then used a $110 gift card from trading in my 360. Best Buy will give you $110 if you have a 250GB 360.

I'm waiting for this;

• Moderators

Something I researched over the weekend was the use of infrared extenders.

It all started when I purchased the Xbox One Media Remote. I really like that little thing. It has backlit buttons and they turn on whenever the remote detects movement (such as when you pick it up). However, I went to "program it" and then quickly realized that you cannot program it to your TV. This was frustrating because one of the reasons I bought it was because it had volume buttons on it.

Instead of the old school "programming it" to your tv, it simply works with your Xbox One. Then you "program" your Xbox One to your tv. Now, if you have a Kinect you are good to go. The Kinect has a IR blaster on it that will talk to your tv.

That is how I ended up on infrared extenders. Last night I bought this 3 Eye Infrared Extender. The back of the Xbox One has 3.5mm output for an extender. What I'll do is plug that infrared extender into it and then run one of the "eyes" to each of my devices (Samsung TV, Apple TV, and then maybe something else someday). In settings for the Xbox One you basically input your model TV, Cable Box, Apple TV, etc. Then it will know which frequency to use for which device. The "eye" has a small sticky pad that allows you to stick it directly over wherever the IR receiver on a device is.

The end result that I will have?

When I turn on the Xbox, it will automatically send "On" to my TV. I will not have to mess with "inputs" on my TV anymore. When I turn the Xbox off, it will send "Off" to my TV. If I want to watch something on my Apple TV, I hit the "TV" button on the Xbox One in the menus. This will "pass-through" the HDMI from the Apple TV. Thus, it looks on the screen as if the Apple TV is hooked directly up. During the entire process, I only have to use the Xbox One Media Remote. The Xbox One is receiving the IR signal from the remote and then sending whatever necessary IR to the Apple TV. It would work the same if we had a cable box, but we do not.

It also supports hooking up an audio system and controlling it.

Just thought I would share because I knew it would do some of those things but I did not know to what extent. It's pretty sweet!