First blade with Cerakote....

• Authorized Vendor

First of all let me say this blade is not for sale.

This is made from 5/32" 1095 carbon steel. The blade is about 5 1/2" long with an overall length right at 10 1/4". It was professionally coated by a TGO Vendor....Amendment 2 Custom Coatings in Magpul OD Green.  He did a wonderful job...it is flawless.

The scales are black canvas micarta with blue G10 liners. They are have SS pins and epoxied. The blade has jimping in front of the scales on the spine...midway on the handles at the top and has them at the bottom of the scales as well. It also has rope file work on the spine forward of the scales.

I made an ambidextrous sheath and belt loop. I made it so I can mount a large Blade Tech Tek-Lok to the sheath if I so desire in place of the belt loop.

15448031206_ac0d1009d8_b.jpg

15284556827_58c01d54ce_b.jpg

15284556317_98221a985c_b.jpg

15467981431_bf271787a0_b.jpg

15284485668_9cf0eacd65_b.jpg

15467980241_94c6e01432_b.jpg

I should add that in the pics the scales appear a bit shiny in places but not in others. It's because I had just oiled the knife and the oil hadn't completely soaked into the scales yet. They don't actually look like that when wiped down but rather a nice even matte black color.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another gorgeous creation.

Mind if I ask a couple of questions?  (Okay, I am going to ask, either way - whether or not to answer is up to you.)

Is working with Micarta for scales pretty much like working with wood as far as shaping it, etc.?  Do you have to take extra precautions as far as the dust being more toxic than wood?  Do you just order Micarta blanks or sheets online or is there a better way to get it?

Thanks in advance.

• Authorized Vendor

Yet another gorgeous creation.

Mind if I ask a couple of questions?  (Okay, I am going to ask, either way - whether or not to answer is up to you.)

Is working with Micarta for scales pretty much like working with wood as far as shaping it, etc.?  Do you have to take extra precautions as far as the dust being more toxic than wood?  Do you just order Micarta blanks or sheets online or is there a better way to get it?

Thanks in advance.

I always wear a decent all purpose respirator like this http://www.amazon.com/3M-Protection-Multi-Purpose-Respirator-Feature/dp/B002MB4MUY   regardless when grinding micarta, G10 or steel. It's all bad for you. :lol:  It is easy to work with....not quite as easy as wood or stabilized wood but pretty close.

I buy my micarta and G10 online from knife supply places and other sources. I shop around a lot to try to get the best price for quality pieces.