Regarding the Middle TN meet and shoots

• Administrator

In light of the way that the TGO members as guests of OHGC members were treated by one of the Range Officers on Sunday, October 19th 2008, I am going to respectfully decline to host further shoots at the OHGC range until I have had a discussion in person with that organization's leadership.

I noticed, as did other OHGC / TGO members, that we were being inordinately bulldogged or harassed by one of the Range Officers, prior to the rapid-fire incident much later in the day. Therefore it is my conclusion that our presence was unwanted well before the rapid-fire incident and that said incident only served to further exacerbate the issue.

As a member of OHGC, I do intend to enjoy the facilities personally and privately until such time that I am asked to stop doing so. I would encourage other TGO members who are likewise members of OHGC to enjoy the facilities as well. You paid your $50 like everyone else and should not let one bad experience ruin your enjoyment of such a wonderful place to shoot. :)

Understand, then, that I am not calling for any sort of boycott of the OHGC range or organization. Every group has it's bad apples and no group of people should be penalized as a whole because of that. However until we can assure that our members (and guests) are not treated unfairly, I will have to seek out another venue for future middle-Tennessee TGO shoots.

I hope that you understand.

Thanks.

--David

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Furthermore...

I would welcome an alliance with GGC (Gallatin Gun Club) if such a thing is possible. But I would also have to remind everyone that any time we are on someone else's property, their rules are the law of the land. Wherever we shoot, we must be respectful of the rules otherwise we risk leaving a bad impression of TGO.

That being said, respect is a two way street so it will be expected of the hosting organization to be courteous and fair to our members as well. That is the crux of the problem from this past Sunday as far as I am concerned.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RISC777

Mike, maybe you and I can meet somewhere if no one else is interested? Sat., the 15th, is not good, but tomorrow or the 16th are open for me. (Gets dark too early now for a weekday.) 574-4514

Guest themark712

I'm gonna be busy this coming weekend, but I'm itching to get to the range myself, so you fellas please PM me whenever anything is in the works. :)

RISC ... looks like my commitments this weekend will put me in your neck of the woods all weekend.

Jung ... I've got a Para-O coming hopefully by Tuesday, so I'll have some new 1911 fever here very shortly. Almost went with the RI myself. I'd be eager to hear your thoughts on the new pistol.

I ran 100 blazer brass rounds. I had a couple times where the pistol didnt go back to full battery and one misfeed. I think that was also due to the slide not coming back hard enough. I also had issues with the 9mm blazer. Needless to say Ill go back to WWB or monarch for range ammo.

Guest RISC777

Mike, themark . . . 15th is HCP course day, but Sun. the 16th is open. If nothing else, maybe a trip to Leiper's Fork area and we'll hit my neighbor's berm.