Hornady One Shot

deafdogdief

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the OneShot HD (black can) cleaner and dry lube a couple weeks ago. I used it on my BCG and no issues that day but only put about 100 rounds through.

I use the standard OneShot cleaner (red can) to clean my reloading equipment.

Their case lube is only good for pistol brass, used it for rifle several times and each time stuck a brass in the die.

I have such a supply of lubes, cleaners and protectants that I rarely use any for other than their intended purpose unless that is all I have in the range box. I of course would try some of these products for things they are not intended for if I don't have something specific for that purpose. Use it, but keep an eye on it to see how it does against rust and metal wear. 

Not me until this morning.  They have several different things.....http://www.hornady.com/store/Lubes/

All I've ever had experience with is the spray case lube which as has been mentioned is ok for straight-walled cases but no good for bottlenecks.

Not so, spray lube works great for rifle cases (bottle neck).  I place a few in a baggy and give it a spray or two and roll them around, after sizing or forming I place them back in the tumbler.

Not so, spray lube works great for rifle cases (bottle neck). I place a few in a baggy and give it a spray or two and roll them around, after sizing or forming I place them back in the tumbler.

What caliber? Every time I have tried that with 30-06 I stuck a case. So I stick to my remaining Dillon lube and my homemade mix.

What caliber? Every time I have tried that with 30-06 I stuck a case. So I stick to my remaining Dillon lube and my homemade mix.

So far 300Blk, .270 and .308; but I am sure 30-06 would work fine. Have you cleaned out your dies? Sometimes old lube builds up and may make it stick.

So far 300Blk, .270 and .308; but I am sure 30-06 would work fine. Have you cleaned out your dies? Sometimes old lube builds up and may make it stick.

Yes my dies get cleaned after every session, usually. I tried spraying the brass at a 45 degree angle while in a tray, and spraying a baggie and shaking around. Doesn't matter how I use it, brass gets stuck. Never stuck a .223 brass but had several that felt like they were ready to stick but was able to power them free.

I use OneShot only for my pistol brass now even though I have carbide dies it helps.

All rifle brass gets shook in a baggie with Dillon spray lube (lanolin based) or my mix of RCBS case lube 2 (designed for the lube pad) diluted with alcohol. Never stuck a case with either of these.

I have used Lee Lube with good results for 20 years or so and have never stuck a case using it.  It isn't as fast to apply as the spray lube but comes off easy...  A light coat per case will do the trick.  Lee lube is less messy than the RCBS lube and pad that I first used when I started reloading.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690006/Case_Sizing_Lube_2_Oz_Tube_

Edited by deadeye111

Yes my dies get cleaned after every session, usually. I tried spraying the brass at a 45 degree angle while in a tray, and spraying a baggie and shaking around. Doesn't matter how I use it, brass gets stuck. Never stuck a .223 brass but had several that felt like they were ready to stick but was able to power them free.
I use OneShot only for my pistol brass now even though I have carbide dies it helps.
All rifle brass gets shook in a baggie with Dillon spray lube (lanolin based) or my mix of RCBS case lube 2 (designed for the lube pad) diluted with alcohol. Never stuck a case with either of these.

I never use any lube on my pistol...well 9mm, .40 and .45 cases. Those calibers have carbide dies and never used lube on them , and as yet haven't stuck a case. I did stick a 300Blk case which I failed to lube but that is my only one. Oh, and my spray is the Lyman brand spray lube so that may be another difference.