How bout them Secret Service guys???

bersaguy

If you watch the video a security officer had his weapon pointed right at the guy from the time he came up to the pillar porch till he went through the doors and never shot him. That is totally unacceptable. You can bet had that been the Kremlin the guy would have been full of bullet holes or the leader of any other nation for that fact. The White House should be the most secure house in the country. If he came in my house like he did the White House he would be dead. What if the president and his family were there and the intruder ran into one of the family members or even the President? Just totally unacceptable...........JMHO

• Like 1

If you watch the video a security officer had his weapon pointed right at the guy from the time he came up to the pillar porch till he went through the doors and never shot him. That is totally unacceptable. You can bet had that been the Kremlin the guy would have been full of bullet holes or the leader of any other nation for that fact. The White House should be the most secure house in the country. If he came in my house like he did the White House he would be dead. What if the president and his family were there and the intruder ran into one of the family members or even the President? Just totally unacceptable...........JMHO

At the very least a warning shot into the grass as he approached the WH.  If after that escalation an intruder persists then he takes the risk of getting shot into his own hands.

Not gonna gloat but Heads are gonna roll before this is over. I don't think the other day when Obama said he felt totally safe with his security force that he was told the truth about how far the guy made it into the house but actually into the living quarters. I think now that he knows the whole story his idea that he trusted his Security may be changing.

They guy is an out and out liar. Lend no weight to the words coming out of his mouth bearing any relation to what is going in in his head. Even so, what else was he going to say anyway? "Ladies and gentlemen, this lapse of security has me crapping in my pants"?
  • Like 1

Well they did prove that you do not need assault weapons to defend your home - lol

Nope , what you need is people that know how to use them. As far as protecting our President, it was not always as it is now but with the Killing of JFK and the attempts to Kill both Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan and the successful  attempts on potential candidates and the killing of Robert Kennedy and attempted killing of George Wallace is what has caused the need to have so much security for the President these days and if I were the President and my Security was as it is right now I would definitely be looking to improve it before some idiot does get lucky..............jmho

I don't know about ya'll but from the way things are shaping up it almost looks like some folks are testing the water and looking for all the weakest links in the mans armor and if you ask me his armor is not very thick , whether by a freak lax of security or a security involved conspiracy but i have not seen security so laxed around a President in like forever. All the way back to days working up to JFK and Robert Kennedy's death. Both times it was the decisions of the men JFK to not have the clear bubble top on the limo and his security should have did it anyway and Robert Kennedy's decision to go through the Kitchen to say hi to all the staff help and his security should have said no because it had not been cleared. The President maybe the Commander N Chief but his security staff are suppose to be the boss and have final say on decisions of Security for them................ :2cents:  :2cents:  

Was he arrested? If he was a convicted felon how did he get a security position at the CDC high enough to get him in the elevator with the President? Story sounds sketchy.

Almost half of Black Water Security contracted in Iraq that was responsible for guarding our American Embassy in Baghdad Green Zone were responsible for the security and well being of American dignitaries and elected people were Felons and all of them carried all kinds of guns so why would it not happen here. Black Water Was  VP Cheneys Company. He owned the company. As for this guy in Georgia, I have no clue who he worked for but it said he was a contractor. Kinda of funny actually since many assassins are also known as Contractors!!!!     Coincidence??????    maybe!!! Maybe not!!!  

Almost half of Black Water Security contracted in Iraq that was responsible for guarding our American Embassy in Baghdad Green Zone were responsible for the security and well being of American dignitaries and elected people were Felons and all of them carried all kinds of guns so why would it not happen here.

Oh I don’t know…. Maybe because it is a crime here.

Half of Blackwater is convicted felons? Interesting…. Source?

When Federal agents and law enforcement is made aware of a felony (felon in possession) are they allowed to let him go? I wasn’t as a Police Officer, but maybe they do things differently in Atlanta.

Nope , what you need is people that know how to use them. As far as protecting our President, it was not always as it is now but with the Killing of JFK and the attempts to Kill both Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan and the successful  attempts on potential candidates and the killing of Robert Kennedy and attempted killing of George Wallace is what has caused the need to have so much security for the President these days and if I were the President and my Security was as it is right now I would definitely be looking to improve it before some idiot does get lucky..............jmho

Don't forget Abe. This is the level of security he enjoyed the night of his assassination:

The box was supposed to be guarded by a policeman named John Frederick Parker who, by all accounts, was a curious choice for a bodyguard.[28] During the intermission, Parker went to a nearby tavern with Lincoln's footman and coachman. 

Oh I don’t know…. Maybe because it is a crime here.

Half of Blackwater is convicted felons? Interesting…. Source?

When Federal agents and law enforcement is made aware of a felony (felon in possession) are they allowed to let him go? I wasn’t as a Police Officer, but maybe they do things differently in Atlanta.

Well, first you have to remember That Black Water in the beginning was a bunch of Mercenaries, Guns for hire, Soldier of Fortune, they had a bunch of labels and then VP Cheney needed a security force that could protect his interests( ie ) Haliburton Supply convoys which Cheney also owned so he formed Black Water Security and they did such a good job of protecting his convoys that when the Green Zone was formed Cheney told Bush they would not need any troops in the Green Zone because he was going to put Black Water Security in there. Bush never questioned Cheney on anything. That is until a few Black Water guys go over zealous and shot up a car load of foreign dignitaries from one of the Arab countries because they didn't get the vehicle stopped fast enough and there was an opps incident and Black Water was replaced by troops in 24 hours in the Green Zone. None of the Black Water men that did the shooting were ever prosecuted. Not even charged. Just resigned, so I learned that you just don't ever question the actions of Government contractors just like they turned the guy loose in Atlanta and it barely made the news.

Edited by bersaguy

Was he arrested? If he was a convicted felon how did he get a security position at the CDC high enough to get him in the elevator with the President? Story sounds sketchy.

Just the messenger of the messengers here Dave, dunno. If facts so far are valid,  the CDC hired private security which didn't property vet the cat?

Point is, again if facts are correct,  according to Secret Service protocol, he shouldn't have been packing during prez visit period, even if his background were impeccable.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just the messenger of the messengers here Dave, dunno. If facts so far are valid,  the CDC hired private security which didn't property vet the cat?

Point is, again if facts are correct,  according to Secret Service protocol, he shouldn't have been packing during prez visit period, even if his background were impeccable.

- OS

OS   I want you to know I missed you while you were not around and even ask about you in a round about way............ :rock:

- OS

I can vouch for this, when a CIC would visit us all our weapons had to be stowed, and even the helicopters had to be disarmed. And we even liked one of them :)
  • Like 1

OS   I want you to know I missed you while you were not around and even ask about you in a round about way............ :rock:

Umm, thanks, but when was I not "around"? (it's a rare day I don't post something). And who did you "ask"?

- OS

Well, first you have to remember That Black Water in the beginning was a bunch of Mercenaries, Guns for hire, Soldier of Fortune, they had a bunch of labels and then VP Cheney needed a security force that could protect his interests( ie ) Haliburton Supply convoys which Cheney also owned so he formed Black Water Security and they did such a good job of protecting his convoys that when the Green Zone was formed Cheney told Bush they would not need any troops in the Green Zone because he was going to put Black Water Security in there. Bush never questioned Cheney on anything. That is until a few Black Water guys go over zealous and shot up a car load of foreign dignitaries from one of the Arab countries because they didn't get the vehicle stopped fast enough and there was an opps incident and Black Water was replaced by troops in 24 hours in the Green Zone. None of the Black Water men that did the shooting were ever prosecuted. Not even charged. Just resigned, so I learned that you just don't ever question the actions of Government contractors just like they turned the guy loose in Atlanta and it barely made the news.

I've been to the green zone nearly every year between 2003 and 2010. What on earth are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been to the green zone nearly every year between 2003 and 2010. What on earth are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well you can pick any of them you want to start with nut the first one is the best I think!!!!..........jmho  There are more if you want me to post them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/30/us/before-shooting-in-iraq-warning-on-blackwater.html?_r=0

http://www.salon.com/2007/10/02/blackwater_bush/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/06/trial-blackwater-security-guards-iraq-belief-threat

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2014/06/29/blackwater-threat-above-law/11728115/

All four of these are of the same incident, and no mention of the contractors that were shot dragged and hung on a bridge and set on fire now does it?  No mention of the FACT, that every window was a potential snipers nest, every car had a potential of blowing up whether manned or not and no mention of the FACT that every person could blow up in front of you at any moment.  The thing is, our government put them in place because they did not want to give our soldiers a ROE that would allow them to protect dignitaries and other high value visitors to Iraq.  I am not excusing actions like that by any means but can understand how something like that happens.