I need laptop (Dell/Verizon) help...

BigPoppa

Looooong story short, we ordered new laptops in July from Dell. They have built-in Verizon wirless service.

IT SUCKS...........but Dell blames Verizon, and vice versa. This has been dragging out since August.

Frequent disconnects, and slow speeds are 2 of the problems. Customer Service at either place (of course) has not been able or willing to fix it. (Verizon SEEMED like they tried harder to actually figure it out).

So if:

a) You work for, or have a contact at, either Dell or Verizon

:screwy: you are a computer internet server technology wizard

c) you have had the same problem I describe

and think you might can help, please PM me. I would really appreciate it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't consider the mobile internet from Verizon to be exceptionally fast (looking at their cards, most are right about dial-up speeds)

Those frequent disconnects, can you get a good signal on your phone? (If you have verizon). As well, you might be in an area with spotty covering for their internet (they should have a map online)

Then again, Dell has s##tty customer service.

have either of them had you update the drivers for the built in card?

Has Verizon had you try a USB card (if you've gone to a store) to see if that unit is slow and spotty as well?

firmware update for the built in card?

What antivirus do you use? I know that AVG V8 and the Verizon software doesn't like each other very well.