District 48 State House Race

"Interviewed" both candidates today for the 48th District State Representative race (48 covers about half of Rutherford County)

Result - BigPoppa endorses Joe Carr ® for State Representative.

Met Tim Tipps (D) this morning briefly. I asked him if he planned to re-elect Jimmy Naifeh as Speaker, and mentioned the Restaurant Carry bill as one example of my anti-Naifeh sentiment. Mr. Tipps said he hadn't won yet, and Naifeh hadn't been re-elected to his seat yet, and he (Mr. Tipps) hadn't made any commitments so far. He also seemed unfamiliar with the Handgun Carry legislation, and the committee process by which Speaker Naifeh continues to kill pro RKBA legislation. Mr. Tipps struck me as unwilling to go against Naifeh, and uncomfortable discussing the issues I brought up. I was very calm, and methodical but Mr. Tipps seemed very uneasy with me, and quickly took his leave before I could speak to him about any further issues.

After this meeting, I called Mr. Tipps' opponent, Joe Carr, and invited him to the house. He came over and we spent 30 minutes at my kitchen table. He assured me that he absolutely WOULD NOT vote to keep Naifeh as Speaker, and that he WOULD vote for the restaurant carry bill. Mr. Carr seemed generally supportive of HCP carry in State Parks with a disclaimer of depending on how the specific language of the bill read. "The less restrictive, the better" was his exact quote (or very close to it) on HCP matters. Mr. Carr also told me that he had won the endorsement of the NRA, although I have not independently verified that yet. (Edit - The NRA PVF website confirms that Joe has been endorsed, and given an "A" grade)

Mr. Carr asked if he had won my vote. I told him that he had, but he should rest assured that I was not a "vote it and forget it" constituent. If he didn't keep his word when and if he got to Nashville, I'd be watching and I would call him on it.

So there it is District 48 TGO'ers.........Joe Carr for State Representative. Pro 2nd Amendment, Anti Naifeh, and he looked me in the eye when he talked to me.

www.joecarr48.com

Edited by BigPoppa
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic