Question about AK's and Tec's

Post away.

BTW, Tec-9's are miserably unreliable. As soon as you buy one you may as well go ahead and buy 10 firing pins because they break constantly. The triggers are horrendous and the magazines are expensive. Save yourself the aggravation and buy a Glock with a few 33 round magazines. Just as fun but a lot more accurate and reliable.

Which AK pistol you looking for?

• Like 1

Post away.

BTW, Tec-9's are miserably unreliable. As soon as you buy one you may as well go ahead and buy 10 firing pins because they break constantly. The triggers are horrendous and the magazines are expensive. Save yourself the aggravation and buy a Glock with a few 33 round magazines. Just as fun but a lot more accurate and reliable.

Which AK pistol you looking for?

First off Thank you for your reply and advice. After doing a little more research, talking to more people and from what you've said about the Tec-9 I am no longer wanting one. The AK-47 I like is the Mini Draco 30+1 7.62x39mm 7.5" or the ARSENAL SLR106-58 SLR-106UR 20+1 223REM/5.56NATO 8.5".

If you still want something like a Tec-9, look for a Kimel AP-9.  Similar, but more reliable.  I have a friend who has one.  It always works.

Edit:  The trigger is still horrendous, though.

Thanks for the heads up, that Kimel AP-9 looks better and from what little I read seems to be alot better gun for what I'm wanting.

• Moderators

My vote would also be a Glock 19/17/26 and as many 33 round magazines that you can afford. Cheap, reliable, countless accessories, can be carried, depended on, and with the 33 round happy magazines you can have just as much fun as you could with one of the "others" although with them you likely cannot fill the check box next to many of the advantage that a Glock has.

But if you want something else then that's a good enough reason for me.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 1

My vote would also be a Glock 19/17/26 and as many 33 round magazines that you can afford. Cheap, reliable, countless accessories, can be carried, depended on, and with the 33 round happy magazines you can have just as much fun as you could with one of the "others" although with them you likely cannot fill the check box next to many of the advantage that a Glock has.

Just make it a legal non-NFA carbine:

G%20M2%20large.jpg

GlockFullDress.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just make it a legal non-NFA carbine:

G%20M2%20large.jpg

GlockFullDress.jpg

- OS

Is the pistol type illegal? With my disability I am unable to shoot a rifle or shotgun safely. My Dad has several Glocks and he swears they're the best handgun out there today, lol. I have shot a couple of his Glocks and liked them quite a bit but out of all mine and the ones i've shot of his my Bersa .40 is my favorite. As funny as it may sound, my HI-Point .40 is the most accurate gun I own and may be I have ever owned. Is it, in my opinion, ugly, bulky and heavy, yep it is but it sure is on the money when I shoot it. I like the looks of the Kimbel AP-9 a lot but if it's illegal then it's not for me.

Is the pistol type illegal?..

Nope. Any firearm that begins life as a handgun may be legally made into a legal length rifle. And then even go back and forth.

Only firearms that begin life as a rifle must stay a rifle (without a stamp).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot