I'm not happy with my pocket guns.

Will Carry

I have the XDS9 and XDS45 but to me both are IWB carries. I use a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB holster and my PM9 also fits this holster. My PM9 in a pocket carry uses a Stellar Rig Kytex Pocket holster with extra mag pocket, thanks to Oh Shoot. The two XDS's are my back-up single stack carries, with PMP being primary. I carry larger double stack guns IWB or OWB, usually M&P 9C or M&P Pro in 9mm or Glock 21 in 45 ACP, depending on surroundings, range time, or house gun.

Edited by lshel

OP here. I traded my defective DB380 for a Ruger LC9s striker fired. What a great trigger!  I will keep the Sig P-238 but it is my only 380 now. The new LC9s is what the LC-9 hammer fired should have been.  This new LC9s has a better trigger than my Glocks (which isn't saying much) and they did away with that stupid loaded chamber indicator.

Love mine, but it's a tick big for pocket carry in my opinion. And +1 for their customer service...

Guess I was just asking how you like it overall.I'd say it would be a little big for pocket carry, even the P3aT I have is too big to carry in my pocket unless I was to wear really baggy pants.If I was to get a PF9, I would get a belt clip for it.

Guess I was just asking how you like it overall.I'd say it would be a little big for pocket carry, even the P3aT I have is too big to carry in my pocket unless I was to wear really baggy pants.If I was to get a PF9, I would get a belt clip for it.

I really like my hard chrome PF9. It shoots straight. It bites my hand less since I took some fine grit sandpaper to the edges of the grip and trigger guard. It carries very well in an IWB holster that is actually marketed for a compact 1911. It disappears with an untucked t-shirt. It developed an issue of dropping the mag after several hundred rounds of 147gn. I contacted keltec, and they sent replacement mag release and spring to me ASAP... hasn't done it since. Never had any feeding issues.

I also have a P3AT. It looks like a small wallet if carried a in pocket holster in my back pocket. I had feeding problems with it since day one. I did the "fluff and buff", tried different ammo, and got new mags. It is a lot more reliable, but I still don't trust it 100%. I need to shoot it more to gain more confidence in it.

If you've got deep enough pockets the PF9 does well in that carry mode and for that matter does fine in coat pockets. Otherwise use a belt slide holster or and IWB as I don't recommend the clips. It isn't unheard of for a pistol carried with its trigger guard and trigger exposed to go bang when you don't want it to happen. The bottom line is if you want to take the pistol off w/o removing your belt then get a paddle holster.

I managed to pocket carry the p-40 (identical to p11) for a while and the pf9 is thinner so it should fit even with a holster.  I did not use a holster (I have no fear of  pulling THAT trigger by accident; I could barely do it on purpose) but it will fit cleanly (with room to draw it) in larger pockets.  Its not going to fit in women's jeans or similar small pocket clothing -- its on the large side for pockets. 

Only two handguns met my criteria when I went looking 8 years ago. Never had reason to go elsewhere.

P1010004-1-1.jpg
Seecamp .380

Compared with a J Frame. 12 ounces empty.

LWS-J.jpg

S&W M&P 340. 13.3 ounces. Weight, lack thereof is key.

P1010003.jpg

Edited by DAdams