why can't TN law be as easy?

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

Spent the past few days in alabama and it's so much more laid back for carry here. As long as I don't get near any riots, i'm fine.

No wondering if the little mexican resturant is serving carona's, not having to read the door of everywhere I walk into. I know we have some advantages in TN (really only that it's easier to get a permit in another state if we move), but I get tired of having to choose to not shop somewhere because they choose to be ignorant.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
King Jimmy Naifeh hasn't helped the situation much. He has to go before we get any changes and even so, they will come slow.

+1 :D

Those folks over in Covington keep electing Naifeh so the only way to get him off his throne is to take four seats from the Dems in the House and replace 'em with Repubs or Indies. That means you need to get out and vote. That means you need to get your neighbors out to vote. That means that if you know someone that can not drive for some reason or another, go pick 'em up and take them to vote. In a democratic society we are blessed or cursed with the govt. we deserve. GET OUT & VOTE!

Change the make up of the State House so we can finally get the laws passed that will make our lives a whole lot less complicated.

P.S. Early voting began on the 15th. Vote early and avoid the rush!

Early voting is available until when? I am finally stateside again on the 22nd and want to vote.

I'm in Sumner county, where do I find the information and when and where I can vote early? Any suggestions on choices for local offices? It's not like I have seen/heard anything on the local guys working overseas.

+1 :up:

Those folks over in Covington keep electing Naifeh so the only way to get him off his throne is to take four seats from the Dems in the House and replace 'em with Repubs or Indies. That means you need to get out and vote. That means you need to get your neighbors out to vote. That means that if you know someone that can not drive for some reason or another, go pick 'em up and take them to vote. In a democratic society we are blessed or cursed with the govt. we deserve. GET OUT & VOTE!

Change the make up of the State House so we can finally get the laws passed that will make our lives a whole lot less complicated.

I thought you were going to say vote early and vote often!

Went through Covington yesterday, Nazife signs everywhere. I saw one plot of signes with other people other than Naffe but I couldn't tell you their names.:)

Why can't it be easy? - I agree. I moved here from a state that is much more freindly towards guns. I am still struggling with the fact that you can't have a rifle in your truck.

I also find it odd that if you have a carry permit they trust that you can go to walmart without shooting someone, but they don't believe that you have the self-control to sit in a deer stand with a bow and resisit the temptation to shoot a deer with your carry gun.

In Idaho you can carry concealed in the woods without a permit, the permit is only necessary if you are in a city or on road.

Oh well, got to get used to it I guess.

+1 :bowrofl:

Heck do like the Democrats do. Vote early and vote often. Vote for your dog, and your cat and your dead great grandparents.
Guest TheBulldog
Early voting is available until when? I am finally stateside again on the 22nd and want to vote.

I'm in Sumner county, where do I find the information and when and where I can vote early? Any suggestions on choices for local offices? It's not like I have seen/heard anything on the local guys working overseas.

Early voting started on the 15th.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I had an amazing experience Saturday night. I ate dinner in a restaurant that served alcohol, all the time with my P3AT in my front pocket. Amazingly, I managed to keep myself from imbibing hundreds of beers, taking offense to a fellow patron, and shooting up the place. (inasmuch as one can "shoot up a place" with eight rounds of .380)

Too bad I had to be in Georgia to do that legally.

I had an amazing experience Saturday night. I ate dinner in a restaurant that served alcohol, all the time with my P3AT in my front pocket. Amazingly, I managed to keep myself from imbibing hundreds of beers, taking offense to a fellow patron, and shooting up the place. (inasmuch as one can "shoot up a place" with eight rounds of .380)

Too bad I had to be in Georgia to do that legally.

that's funny, the whole time, I was thinking, man some people are going to be allllll over this...Georgia, ha!;)

Guest bkelm18
that's funny, the whole time, I was thinking, man some people are going to be allllll over this...Georgia, ha!;)

Yep. I was already forming one of my snide, smartass remarks in my head while reading it. ;)

Guest GUTTERbOY

I dunno, I kind of thought the idea of someone shooting up a place with a Kel-Tec was funnier.

BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM

<pause>

"Uh-oh."

;)

I dunno, I kind of thought the idea of someone shooting up a place with a Kel-Tec was funnier.

BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM

<pause>

"Uh-oh."

;)

Only works if said Kel tec has had a fluff and buff...;)

Guest HexHead

I just sent a note to my State Rep. asking him NOT to vote to make Naifeh Speaker again. Sure, it may be pissing in the wind, but it can't hurt.

Hopefully his "A" rating from the NRA means something. :lol:

Guest truthsayer

BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM

<pause>

"Uh-oh."

:D

Only works if said Kel tec has had a fluff and buff...:cry:

Neither fluffed nor buffed, mine have gone "bam" 11 times in fairly rapid succession every time I've told them to. Just sayin'.

Neither fluffed nor buffed, mine have gone "bam" 11 times in fairly rapid succession every time I've told them to. Just sayin'.

My new P3AT has been very picky. I did only a very light fluff and buff since it is chrome, and after 200 rounds the only thing that will feed right that I've tried are Winchester FMJ. I've tried Winchester, Remington, A&E, and Federal Hydrashocks. The rest fail to feed like crazy. I did a much more intense fluff and buff, and hopefully it will fire better next time I go shoot.

I agree that some of the things like not being able to legally carry in state parks and in any restaurant that serves alcohol is ridiculous. Most restaurants serve alcohol these days.

My new P3AT has been very picky. I did only a very light fluff and buff since it is chrome, and after 200 rounds the only thing that will feed right that I've tried are Winchester FMJ. I've tried Winchester, Remington, A&E, and Federal Hydrashocks. The rest fail to feed like crazy. I did a much more intense fluff and buff, and hopefully it will fire better next time I go shoot.

I agree that some of the things like not being able to legally carry in state parks and in any restaurant that serves alcohol is ridiculous. Most restaurants serve alcohol these days.

Yep, many Kel Tec's require a little polishing to make them run great. Glad yours is an exception.

The whole restaurant carry issue. I wonder if the fact that alcohol is starting to be served in most restaurants that this will have a positive impact on us. Take out the counties with larger cities in Tennessee, and you have a lot of mostly rural areas or smaller townes. Most of these places do not or have not in all history until recently not allowed liquor by the drink at restaurants. The only place to buy a beer would be at a "honky tonk" or "bar". Because of that, these old as hell, been their all their life politicians only see alcohol/carry as just that. But more in more you are seeing these counties and towns pass ordinances that allow restaurants to come in and open and have a bar or serve beer/wine/spirits. These politicians are seeing that Most restaurants serve alcohol these days and people are going out to eat at applebees and getting into bar fights and blood pours into the streets...Maybe we are moving toward, hopefully one day soon, a time where we can go out to eat with our family and be able to protect them legally.

Rant over.

Guest HexHead
Maybe we are moving toward, hopefully one day soon, a time where we can go out to eat with our family and be able to protect them legally.

Rant over.

Not while Naifeh continues to have his way. I sent an email to my State Rep., asking him to please NOT vote for Naifeh this time around and got this response....

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, and I am proud to have received an "A" from the NRA.

As for Jimmy Naifeh, there is much talk and media attention about opposition to Naifeh as Speaker, but I don't think it will materialize.

Let me know if I may assist you in any way and again, thank you for the kind words."