Intro to Competitive Shooting Aug 30th

Music City Tactical Shooters is going to run a range day for new guys to come out see all the different disciplines we shoot and have a chance to shoot them all. Experienced shooters can use the day as a practice day. Spectators will be welcome to see the range and watch what is going on.

One bay will be used to get acquainted with the rules, commands and gun handling skills needed to shoot a match.

I will have stages set-up for USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge and Outlaw Steel.

If you have been on the fence about coming out--this is the day.

Check out the Competition Forum for more info.
  • Like 1

I'm absolutely interested in this. Gotta check my schedule.

I would love a low-zero pressure intro to competitive shooting

When the timer buzzes all the low pressure goes out the window..........that device of the devil does something to your brain!

Does sounds like a great way to see what a person would like. I l shot SASS once and thought I'd like it. Turns out I didn't.

• Like 3

Wish I was close enough to go... I don't have a clue what happens in a competition let alone how to get started

It's a quick sub 3 hour hop from Memphis to the range :-) This would be an awesome way to test the waters on different disciplines of shooting. Lots of helpful and informative people will be there that will make you feel welcome.
  • Like 1

It's a quick sub 3 hour hop from Memphis to the range :-) This would be an awesome way to test the waters on different disciplines of shooting. Lots of helpful and informative people will be there that will make you feel welcome.

Sadly I have to head out of town in a different direction for Labor Day weekend... but I need to try to find something like this again in the future.  It sounds fun, but I can only learn so much from watching youtube videos :-P

Guest TheDrip

cjohnson, I went to an IDPA match for the first time yesterday. With only a basic knowledge of how the matches operate, I shot most of a round and had a great day. I originally intended to watch a day, then next time out shoot, but that just wasnt going to happen.

The other shooters walked me through each stage, explained safety and regs, gave me pointers. By the end of the day I was perfectly comfortable competing.

It wasn't Music City, but I bet they're be every bit as friendly and helpful!

Yep, they are super nice at MCTS. There is no point in wasting a day just watching when you could be shooting! It isn't rocket science, and as long as you are safe in your gun handling you won't have any problems... but you will have LOTS of fun! Edited by musicman
  • Like 1